[Theme] VScale-2 for cycling and mountain biking

Started by jusc, July 27, 2014, 17:45:41

jusc

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...

I made some updates for cyclists and hope that the theme is now better visible outside.
It now  includes onroad cycleways and some improvements for mountain bikers.
Paths (only one line) and tracks (double lines) are coloured.
Streets are a bit more accentuated. Hopefully the city names are better visible.

This theme ist best for maps from OpenAndroMaps. (http://www.openandromaps.org/) You should be able to use it with maps from Locus store too, but I have to adjust some colours, I think.
Feel free to use and to post your suggestions or questions.

Attention for new users

Please follow these steps

1. download both zips
2. unzip at first  the V-Scale2.zip.
3. unzip V-S2_Cycle_OAM.zip
4. copy both folders to /Locus/mapsVector/_themes/

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...

Regards J.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bearkvarc

gynta

asahel

•  

zossebart

Hi,

thanks for this great theme! I use it all the time when mountainbiking, because it's the only theme I found which shows the paths and tracks in reasonable thickness to be recognized on the screen when the phone is mounted to the handlebar! Also, the mtb:scale - coloring is very helpful!

However, I recently switched from my old Motorola Milestone II (265 ppi) to a Sony Z1 Compact (342 ppi) smartphone. The ways are still visible very good with this theme, but the symbols are very tiny!
Of course, there is an option in Locus to scale the symbols, but this also scales the personal POI's symbols, which are already big enough for me.

So the question is: are there plans to make a version of this theme for higher screen densities? Maybe a SVG version? Would a SVG-version automatically scale the symbols to the "right" size?

greets,
zossebart
  •  

jusc

Hello,

Thank you for feedback.

It´s already a SVG version, but as far I remember, there was a small bug in Locus, that growed up all symbols in the past more than today. This bug is solved since a few versions, so that the base size of the  SVGs is now too small.
For that, all symbols (base size) have to be revised.
Can you please make a screenshot, comparing my last screenshot in first post? Please sarch for "Zinnowitz" (Usedom). Zoom 15. Than I can imagine how it looks for you.

I´m "always" working on my private theme version but still today it´s not good enough.  ;D Perhaps one day I can offer an update.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: jusc on June 16, 2015, 16:00:10
It´s already a SVG version, but as far I remember, there was a small bug in Locus, that growed up all symbols in the past more than today. This bug is solved since a few versions, so that the base size of the  SVGs is now too small.

Sorry for a troubles. In future, feel free to write me email, pm or whatever, I should fix these issues immediately!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

zossebart

For that, all symbols (base size) have to be revised.

Sorry, I had not checked if the theme is already using SVGs. So it's not a problem of screen density, but rather a newer version of Locus. This makes sense, because there was only Android 2.3 available for my old phone, which restricted the Locus version to 3.5 or so. So when starting to use the new phone, I essentially had a "new" screen density, as well as a new Locus version in use.

Can you please make a screenshot, comparing my last screenshot in first post? Please sarch for "Zinnowitz" (Usedom). Zoom 15. Than I can imagine how it looks for you.

Sure! btw: I actually know the island of Usedom from some vacation trips :-)

Please don't mind the Strava overlay (green speckles) visible in some parts of the image, I had forgotten to disable it befor taking the screenshot.

I´m "always" working on my private theme version but still today it´s not good enough.  ;D Perhaps one day I can offer an update.

Yeah, I know this situation, it's the same with my Brouter Mountainbike Routing Profile.
  •  

jusc

Thanks,

I see what you mean.
I changed the sizes a bit (and other things) in my newest theme. If you or anybody else want to test it and because we can´t attach files to forum messages, please let me know an e-mail address, where I can sent it.
Please use a private (forum) message, if you don´t want to show your e-mail address here.

Regards J.
  •