Author Topic: Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation  (Read 60568 times)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2017, 09:29:24 »
Elevation is essential, agree. Currently generated data in download directory are only with "bike" profile, but latest add-on apk already support bike2, so feel free to generate own data. We regenerate them a little later, when optimal selection will be choose ( probably car|turn_costs=true,bike2,hike ).

Extra options are currently not available. Fast/short needs to be generated in files (weighting) and extra options like "no paid roads, no highways" are promised to me by Peter (one of GH developer), but not yet possible in official GH version.

Country selection is definitely limitation that needs to be solved before GH may be published, agree.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline tigus

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2017, 12:07:53 »
I think the limitation of the country selection is compensated by the possibility of generating the data based on a pbf file. In addition, it allows to have the updated data.
Greetings.

Offline srtie4k

• View Profile
  • Device: Moto G4
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2017, 13:43:21 »
Is there a limitation on "country file" size? I built the entire US as a routing file and tried it in Locus (it was 3.5GB) and it immediately crashed on opening the navigation screen.

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Sony Xperia M DUAL / LocusMap Pro / A4.3
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2017, 14:00:08 »
I think the limitation of the country selection is compensated by the possibility of generating the data based on a pbf file. In addition, it allows to have the updated data.
Greetings.
Yes, e.g. here  http://extract.bbbike.org/ one can let generated a custom area in PBF format.
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Sony Xperia M DUAL / LocusMap Pro / A4.3
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2017, 14:10:15 »
Is there a limitation on "country file" size? I built the entire US as a routing file and tried it in Locus (it was 3.5GB) and it immediately crashed on opening the navigation screen.
I can imagine the  device dependent  resources demand may depend of the file size, and 3.5 GB may be too brave attempt. I would personally divide the US into several overlapping areas.
Or, I would create a custom area along supposed route, if it is for one time occasion.
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline srtie4k

• View Profile
  • Device: Moto G4
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2017, 14:42:15 »
I ended up falling back to the Geofabrik "region" files for the US, i.e. Northeast, South, Midwest, West, Pacific (and Canada), biggest of which is ~1.3GB. That seems to work mostly, although sometimes Locus still crashes, sometimes I get "service not available" or some such error even when correct region file is selected for start/end location.

One other oddity I noticed is that Graphhopper lists region files in some arbitrary order, seemingly the order in which they were copied to the SD card, rather than alphabetical.

I'm keeping BRouter as a backup, Graphhopper is still a bit buggy.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 14:44:44 by srtie4k »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2017, 22:30:28 »
Hmm these errors happen to you only with such huge files or also with smaller files? If you find a while, try it please. If same problem happen only with huge files, I may try to simulate same problem on own device and report these errors to developers of GraphHopper.

Order of files in add-on settings is on my head ... I'll look at it, thanks.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

The following users thanked this post: srtie4k

Offline tigus

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2017, 20:07:46 »
Hello, I wanted to see if anyone has generated their data for GraphHopper based on a PBF file.
I have several doubts:
1. What are the profiles that the GraphHopper Locus plugin handles? At the icon level there are 3, apparently car | bike | foot. This limits the profiles to indicate in the config.properties file in the graph.flag_encoders attribute.
2. Why does the plugin handle only 3 profiles and GraphHopper online allows more?
3. I tried to generate with the bike2 profile (graph.flag_encoders = car|turn_costs = true,bike2,hike) and also with the hike and foot profiles, both (graph.flag_encoders = car|turn_costs = true,bike,hike,foot ) ... but it gives an error. To solve the error, the same generator recommends adding in the configuration graph.bytes_for_flags=8. This allows to generate the files successfully ... but ... these files are not usable by the plugin. When I want to use the files generated with this option (graph.bytes_for_flags=8), the plugin gives error. You can not get the point 0 ... you can not get the point1. It only works by generating files with profiles that do not require adding this option, ie with the combination car,bike,hike or car,bike,foot.
Greetings.