[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on September 18, 2014, 20:00:14
I expected problems with map, so please create for me some log. This version print out really lot of information right because of this your issue ... thanks
loggs are send ;)

additional idea for  track handling:
- display in yellow area direction arrow and distance to trackstart
- with click in purple area open "trackdetail"
- with click in green area track is displayed centered on mapview

Direction arrows in "POI folder" allways displayed (device) northup
Direction arrows im "POI detail" are displayed in real direction
it would be a benefit  the direction arrow always point to the real direction!

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

As balloni already has posted here
In this case, calculatíng isn't useful

...also agree with ballonis idea -> ONE tap - to load THIS track and go back to map.

confirm the truncated dates and units

balloni55

one more offset problem with LAPS:
if i click on the first lap "show on map", the second is blue displayed and so on and if i click on the last lap locus stop!

Red, green and blue lap parts are good to see on map, but the grey are difficult to see on map, so please change this color
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tommi

Start of navigation based on any brouter created track => Locus Free crashes reproducible on both Nexus 7 and S5.
Crash in Locus Free 3.2.3.4, functional in Locus Pro latest.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on August 09, 2014, 18:10:53
thanks gynta, fixed
Nope, it's not.
btw. same in POIscreen

MichaelZ

Quote from: eldron on September 15, 2014, 23:25:29
The new track overview is a nice idea, you have some important information at a glance. But I am not sure if the question mark is a good choice when no map is shown.
Same opinion as eldron's. I have suggestions as replacement (royalty free from clker.com):

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
  •  

silber1

@Menion  x-axis in track diagram:

It would be fine, if the x-axis in the trackdiagram could be scaled in real time segments or at least in 30min segments and not 100min segments. See attachment 2.

It also would be nice, if it es possible to show starttime of track and endtime of track into the information window under details.
See attachment 1
Maybe "Erstellt" is the starttime of track?

•  

mambofive

In the Geocache list, sorted by date, there is a clock icon next to the date. Since this is a date only, a small calendar icon would be clearer.
  •  

Menion

@0709: hmm it don't work for a POI alert? Have to try it, thanks.

@balloni:
- missing map: it will be really complicated task. In logs is clear where is problem (incorrectly set zoom), but no clue why this happen. So in next version, few more log messages, thanks.

- clickable areas: oki, agree with clickable map, done

- direction arrows: I was thinking about it since first list with points/tracks was done (few years ago). For my surprise, not a lot (almost none) complain about current solution. Display real-time bearing require permanently enabled hardware compass and quite often refresh of the whole list ... is this what you want? Me not. And because you are first after long time who ask for this, it looks for me that not much people wants this ...

@gynta, @balloni: invalid values in stats ... thanks. Another place that needs improvements, done. Fields will be visible only in case, there is any non-zero speed. Same for elevation part.

@balloni: problem with laps - thanks. I found out that it's quite weird system in Android. Small header in list (with 'Distance', 'Time' and other texts), is counted as one real line, so whole index in list is moved by one. Nevermind - hope, now finally fixed.

About color of grey parts - usually on a map is already visible track, so this grey track should just overlay over existing track. They also should not too much visible, becuase interestings are only blue, red, green segments. Isn't it?

@tommi: I'm unable to reproduce it. May you write me step-by-step, what to do? Thanks

@gynta: issue with error messages on incorrect tab - weird. I was sure I fixed this, but you're right. So also second round. Thanks

@MichaelZ: hmm are you sure it will looks good when whole list will be full of these quite big and eye-catching icons? :)

@silber1: "Erstellt" value should be equal to "Created" time, so it's usually time when first point of track was created (recorded).

About chart: understand, but it comes from everyone type of usage. I for example don't care about when I was at certain place on track (like in 15:12), but usually care about how much time it took from start to this point. So sorry, but I cannot change scale of X axis from one unit to different. Only possibility is to add some settings there, but how many people is interested in this? Hard to say :). That's why voting system on help-desk exists

@mambofive: good point. I'll try to create some "calendar" icon and change it, thanks

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAbout color of grey parts - usually on a map is already visible track, so this grey track should just overlay over existing track. They also should not too much visible, becuase interestings are only blue, red, green segments. Isn't it?

OK understand, another idea: delete the grey overlay so the track is displayed in color user has selected  ;)
and display only red, blue ,green laps as overlay.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

milh

I also agree with clicable area by balloni55. It is more interactive.
Same on list of POIs - with click on icon POI is displayed centered on mapview.
On detail view absent clicable area for jamp to list view. That line of category is good for it, by my opinion.
  •  

Bucky Kid

I was testing a bit 3.2.2.4 beta today as for "navigate on all tracks" feature.
What I find brilliant is adjusted navigation commands for hiking and biking - now issued in optional distances 400m, 100m,  50m and right at the turning. This is more than sufficient (now I don't miss the turning point surely) - thanks!
The only problem is that the command at the turning is sometimes issued after the turning, the same for 50m before - sometimes almost at the turning but this can be due to gps chip slowness.
What is not working at all is notification about lost track - used TTS - silent all the time though the navigation knows lost the track (question mark as navigation symbol). TTS engine test in preferences is success.

balloni55

Addon "locus-satellite images"
it s only possible to download satimages for geocache listing coords, or corrected coords (e.g. Mystery).
So option (also in pro) "Download Satellitenkarten" make no sense in waypoints and normal POI´s
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tommi

Step by step for Menion:
Select a track from track list, in my example one with 40km length which was created with brouter.
Tap on the  guiding arrow and then tap on navigate. Confirm it has no navigation instructions and start navigate with high number of instructions. => crash,  reproducibly, on S5 and N7,also with other tracks like one created during Jogging.

I know this is a bit in contradiction to what Bucky kid writes, but this is how it doesn't work for me
  •