[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

leschek

Quote from: menion on July 10, 2014, 12:23:59@leschek: hmm, this is not a problem in Locus. Try to clear cache of Google Play app and restart your device. This should help.
Thank you for the help. It's OK now.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Even my old HTC Desire running Froyo can now run Locus again. Incl. vector maps of Germany. Well done.
  •  

Menion

uff 2.2 device and works - it's big victory :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos2

Over the last few days I have noticed a problem in the new version. In the Geocaching settings I use Pre-fill field notes. The format is:-
(#{c}                                              TFTC[:)])
I just start writing in the middle and save it. When I upload to GC.com I then refine it. But in the last 2  occasions I have been out, when the Field Note is uploaded the last 2 characters are missing, so the end of the field note is:- ( TFTC[: ) so I have to add the rest during the edit.

This is the first time it has happened.

KC

•  

Menion

Hi,

interesting. I received around three emails with same (similar) issue last days. Interesting is, that version is out for a lot longer now. I also did not do any changes around this. Hmm.

Anyway system around field notes will be completely new in next Locus version, so may it will fix also this. I'm just waiting on one guy to finish his work and then you will see in new testing version (probably in wednesday next week)
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion, Thanks for the reply.
Out of curiosity I made 2 dummy finds with the original settings , then added 3 period marks ( TFTC[:)]... )  to the end of the pre-fill format, and added 2 more dummy finds. As you can see in the attached gcFieldNotes.txt file the ] is missing from the first 2, but nothing is missing from the last 2. On uploading to GC.com the ) is also removed from the first 2 but nothing is removed from the last 2.     

I don't know if this helps.

KC

Edit :- reduced it to just 1 (.) and that solves my problem for now
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
thanks for new testversion V 3.1.3.6 :D
Locus stop at different actions.
1. menue/settings/misc/clear temp. data > locus stop and after i click "ok" locus start himself and open menue window.
2. open GC-Tools > "Log trackables" or "load PQ´s"  > locus stop, after i click "ok" nothing more happens.
3. i open a geocache/Main Menue/GC Offlinizer/check "use Live API"/Download Offlinizer work well, but on next click on "GC-Tool button" locus also stop.
I think it depend on "LiveAPI" ???

btw: where can i find "load PQ´s" in official PRO? The "Live API button" has gone :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

KaHeMu

In 3.1.3 you find button "Live API" at "main menu - more - Geocaching", the very old place. ;D

On Samsung Tab 10.1 Locus free crashes during startup.

Greetings
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

jurek77

On Nexus 7 2013 wifi Locus  3.1.3.6 crashes during startup too.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys,  it's all related to new field notes system...  Sorry!  Tomorrow better version ;)
  •  

szebenyib

The new beta crashes when I select a vector map (works OK in pro). The crash log has been sent.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: szebenyib on July 26, 2014, 09:29:11
The new beta crashes when I select a vector map (works OK in pro). The crash log has been sent.

Yes, here too (3.1.3.7)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

phuu
menion, a little bit in hustle? hehe  ;) ;D

3.1.3.8 works now...

Stargaterunner

Now its not possible to upload field notes...must we wait for the fieldnotes tool app?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Stargaterunner on July 26, 2014, 12:55:34
Now its not possible to upload field notes...must we wait for the fieldnotes tool app?

News after start as usually, but just one important information for geocaching:
- locus do not generate fieldNotes.txt file now. It will require new add-on Field Notes that will be available within few days