[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

Menion

19.8.2014 - Locus 3.2.0

... finally ;)

10.7.2014 - Locus 3.1.3

9.7.2014 - Locus 3.1.2

4.7.2014 - Locus 3.1.1

fix version - mainly probles with access to SD card and using some older apps and add-ons that communicate with Locus (c:geo, add-on GSAK and some others)

3.7.2014 - Locus 3.1.0

new version available on Google Play. Enjoy it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hi, strange problem with this version. When downloading the library on startup Locus says unknown problem, can't establish a connection. Error code 1151,7. Network is accessible. Same with 3G as with WiFi. Repeating more times and still same. I was able to download the library with Locus beta on first try.
Anybody else has the same issue?
  •  

eldron

Just downloaded this version as an update for my locus free, thinking it was a new beta version.
When starting the app i was asked to choose the locus folder, but the only one i could choose was sdcard/locus, whereas my locus folder is sdcard/external_sd/locus. So now locus does not have any of my maps or settings. I tried the new option to choose the locus root folder and it offers me two folders: /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/android/data/menion.android.locus/files - both are wrong though. there is also a warning that the folder (i am guessing that it only applies to the second choice) will be deleted when uninstalling locus.
Luckily it´s only the free version and i can still use my locus pro, but i am guessing that this might also apply to other users who would now be stuck with a locus version where they can´t choose the correct locus root folder.
I am guessing that this has to do with the Sd card issues with latest android version. But why wasn´t this a part of the latest beta instead of applying these changes in a release version?
I thought that´s what the beta testing was for - to avoid problems like this.
  •  

berkley

Hi.
Very little minor bug:
Slider for opacity in WMS maps can't actually be slided, just listens for taps. Sliding focuses the sidebar.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkqu9ovzi8cfw3x/Screenshot_2014-07-03-17-29-29.png
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

@bucky kid: damn, seems to be problem with signature of request. Aren't you using any custom ROM, modified Google Play application? By responses on server seems, you're not alone :/

@eldron: also interesting. Mainly because there were no chance in testing directories between version except one tiny change that should be only a cosmetic. Hmmf, hard life of hacking Android system and searching for correct dirs ...

@berkley: thanks
  •  

jusc

Now the app is already nearly 15mb plus 5mb library? Double as app from middle of last month?
Why is it?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

double? Sure not. +4.5MB

Why? http://www.locusmap.eu/news-in-version-3-1-0/

If you used previously "Offline POI" beta feature, to use it you, had to download small library (it was first step in Offline POI screen). And this library is now included in Locus itself. Partially.

EDIT: ah, and + 5MB library .. it's not precisely true. It depend on type of device you have. If you have classic ARM processor, then you download just around 0.5 MB. 5 MB is just incorrect text value because Locus in that moment do not know how big file will download
  •  

Christian

Reading hgt-files and drawing diagram is expressively fast. Nice work!
  •  

Menion

Thanks :). It has also a very possitive influence on hill shading.
  •  

leschek

Hi,
I updated both Free and Pro versions of Locus I have and it seems that Pro version for some reason duplicates maps I have under tab "Osobní" ("Personal"), so now I have some maps listed there twice:

In Free version it seems to be OK.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: leschek on July 03, 2014, 23:01:10...now I have some maps listed there twice
Hello leschek

try to remove assigned mapfolder.
see clip...

leschek

Quote from: gynta on July 04, 2014, 08:33:55
try to remove assigned mapfolder.
see clip...
Thank you, it seems to by OK now.
  •  

shushuk

Hi Menion,

I am using the pro-Version on a Motorola defy.
After update on 3.1.1. Locus crashes during start procedure.

Sent you a report with some description.
Do you need any further information?

Shushuk
  •  

Menion

thank you for a report and sorry for issues. Another problem in 2.2 only. Will be fixed in next version. Seems I'll have to release one more during next week ...
  •  

MichaelZ

Quote from: menion on July 03, 2014, 13:57:54
3.7.2014 - Locus 3.1.0
new version available on Google Play. Enjoy it
Hi Menion,

could you please also share this new version on AndroidPIT?

Many Greetings
Michael
  •