Problem after moving parts of the locus folder to internal sd card

Started by c.s.g., June 06, 2014, 18:18:47

c.s.g.

Hello,

using Locus Pro 3.0.2. I have the following problem with Android 4.1.2.:

(1) I have moved almost the complete Locus folder from the external sd card to the internal sd card of my smartphone.
(2) After that on the external sd card there are only the "Locus\mapsVecor" and "Locus\data\geocaching" folders still present. In the "Locus\mapsVector" folder there are my vector maps because they do not fit on the internal sd card. The "Locus\data\geoaching" folder is empty at the moment.
(3) At Locus Pro program start I am asked to choose which Locus folder should be used, the one on the external sd card or the one on the internal sd card. I select the folder on the internal sd card. Although I check the checkbox "Nicht noch einmal fragen" the same dialog apears when I restart locus.

What do I wrong?

c.s.g. 
  •  

KaHeMu

Did you rename the Locus folder on external sd-card ? p.e. Locus_old.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello KaHeMu,

QuoteDid you rename the Locus folder on external sd-card ? p.e. Locus_old.
No, I did not. Both "Root"-folders on the internal sd card and on the external sd card are named "Locus".
Do I have to rename the one on the external sd card?
I thought, when I checked "Nicht noch einmal fragen" Locus Pro knows after a new start of Locus Pro which "Locus" folder to use by default, even if they are named the same.

c.s.g.

•  

Menion

hmm even if you keep name of 'Locus' on card same, checked "Don't ask" should help here.

May you enable logging in "menu > settings > misc > Record debug logs. This should enable creating of *.log files in Locus/logs directory. So try then restart of Locus and if same issue happen, send me last log (and don't forget to disable this feature after this). Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: c.s.g. on June 06, 2014, 19:58:37
Hello KaHeMu,

QuoteDid you rename the Locus folder on external sd-card ? p.e. Locus_old.
No, I did not. Both "Root"-folders on the internal sd card and on the external sd card are named "Locus".
Do I have to rename the one on the external sd card?
I thought, when I checked "Nicht noch einmal fragen" Locus Pro knows after a new start of Locus Pro which "Locus" folder to use by default, even if they are named the same.

c.s.g.

Why not renaming it? It would be clearer for you and for Locus. ;-)
You can link your maps after renaming with maps/add maps (tree dots).

KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello menion,

after importing some geocaches I tried to reproduce the problem.
But now it works so far!?!?! But if it happens again I will send you a log file ;).

Anyway I found another small issue introduced with Locos Pro 3.0.2.
That is:
(1.) Import about 5000 geocaches
(2.) The import dialog is shown.
(3.) Only "Ausgewählten Order leeren" is checked
(4.) Click on "Importieren"
(5.) The import dialog is not hidden as in earlier versions
(6.) Import the caches. Everything works fine
(7.) Close the import summary
(8.) Now you have to close the import dialog yourself by clicking "X"

The import process works as expected. The number of imported geocaches is up to date.
But the import dialog is not hidden, when you click "Importieren".

c.s.g.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello KaHeMu,

QuoteWhy not renaming it? It would be clearer for you and for Locus. ;-)
You can link your maps after renaming with maps/add maps (tree dots).

The problem are not the vectormaps but a "little" GSAK macro I wrote to make spoiler pictures offline available to Locus.
In this macro the path of the location of the spoiler pictures is "hardcode" to the "Locus\data\geoachcing" folder on the external sd card. So I have to fix this first, than I can rename the "Locus" folder on the external sd card  ;).

But since about 15 minutes it works. I do not know why, but it works  ;).

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

ah good observation with "import dialog". Thanks, fixed

About directories - hmm, when this happen again, try to create a log as I wrote above. There should be reason, why this happen.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •