[APP] - version 3.0.X+ (updated 29.6.2014)

Started by Menion, May 29, 2014, 13:28:57

Menion

29.6.2014 - Locus 3.0.2.3

BETA version available over Google+ testing group

27.6.2014 - Locus 3.0.2.2

BETA version available over Google+ testing group

15.6.2014 - Locus 3.0.2.1

Because I'm just leaving on around 8 days and I'm in quite a hurry, I don't want to publish not well tested Beta version on Google Play. So here is Alpha version on own risk. Enjoy it. I'll testing it also during next days, so we should put heads together later ;)

Version should work fine. I'm now using new system for creating Free/Pro/Beta versions, so hope it will really work as Beta. (should be visible in menu > info). Use on your own risk! (and have Locus Pro 3.0.2 as backup).

3.6.2014 - Locus 3.0.1

"Quick" bug-fix version available on Google Play

29.5.2014 - Locus 3.0.0

new version available on Google Play. Enjoy it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

So downloading...
In meanwhile...the link to the news in description in Google Play is wrong
(http://www.locusmap.eu/news-in-version-3-0-0/)
Looking forward to a tour through thr new version....
  •  

Čelda

Wow ! I was wondering whether to read the list of new features till the end or skip it and explore them ! :-)

I use Locus mainly for geocaching, that's why I spotted  "add: New side panel for Geocaching points ..." and "define two quick buttons for geocache screen" first.
I found the settings to define the buttons. However I cannot find the functions themselves ! Where are they ? How to invoke them ?
  •  

CaptKaos2

I have been looking for the Big Surprise, but it has eluded me so far.  :)

@Celda the buttons are added to the Bottom panel when viewing a cache in the points menu.
  •  

ohgood

Great update, I'm spreading the news, thank you!
  •  

szebenyib

"The dwarf team" has done an excellent job again ;-)
(couldn't stop laughing while reading that on play store)
  •  

eldron

Will check out the new version later, but please correct the second sentence of the description:
long time no see, but don't worry. For a long six weeks, we hardly worked for a new, highly improved version of Locus.
"We hardly worked" means we didn´t work much.
And i guess that´s not what you meant ;-) The correct word order would be "we worked hard"
  •  

Čelda

Quote from: CaptKaos2 on May 29, 2014, 17:32:33
@Celda the buttons are added to the Bottom panel when viewing a cache in the points menu.

Nope ! :-( I have tried on another device and still don't see anything. Either I am so blind or doing something wrong or using a specific configuration on both devices in which the new function does not work.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Celdia
Below are 2 photos. The first is without Buttons set, the second is with Quick Button 1  set to Hint and Quick button 2 set to log your visit.
Could be your Android version my units are 4.3 and 4.4

•  

Čelda

@ CaptKaos2
Oh, now I (finally) see it, thanx ! I tried to define button 1 as "hint" and expected the button to appear in a second row of buttons or something like this. The "key" icon was there but I considered it to be so natural and thought that it had been there for ages already.

@Menion
Could you possibly add one more option for these optional buttons - "Guide on", please ? I know, this is just 2 buttons next to it but it requires one more precise touch, which is rather difficult while walking. When geocaching, "Guide on" is definitely  the most often used function.

And what about the other new function: "add: New side panel for Geocaching points ..." ? How to invoke this one ?
  •  

dvzd

... A map button remove it, or have it as an option.

... A tlačítko Mapa odstranit, nebo ho dát jako jednu z dalších možností k zobrazení.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello
I have a quick look on new Locus and find that there's still the nonsense switch to max zoom bug(?) after some actions.. this time after applying a map overlay for raster map. In addition I'd like these improvements:
- remember individual last dir for particular entries (track import, track export, external map), or don't remember and start in each entry's default folder (/Locus/data/import, /Locus/export, custom maps folder etc...), because these mix now
- if I remember in older versions we could change recording profile during recording, but this is now only available before start recording, could this feature be given back? Continuous recording is still consistent across different profiles.
- more recording side panel tiles customizability, similar system like on dashboard (so that we could chose own layout, tiles size etc.)
- Locus mode context dynamic info bar (for example map in idle mode, GPS with GPS, Guiding with guiding etc.)
- turn on off GPS by long tapping GPS icon. I think this idea was already posted somewhere and long tapping direct action would break the buttons common behaviour scheme but especially on this button direct action would be effective(or find other 1-click way for switching GPS on off)

•  

Menion

@Christian: thanks! I read you post in bus later. In the end, it was hard half of hour for Peter to edit link of post on small mobile device on very slow network connection (Edge) :).

@CaptKaos2: surprise is new store. We just don't know if our solution may withstand thousands of people, so we don't speak about it now, to reduce number of people in new Store in new version :).

@ohgood: thanks :)

@szebenyib: yes, dwarf team is funny. I hear about this from my wife quite often. Always when I sit too long on Locus code :)

@eldron: heh, funny, thanks.

@Čelda: I'm not sure about guiding, have to think about it.

@dvzd: remove map buttons - sorry, cannot agree, so no

@Bucky kid:
- last dirs: it make sense, I'll look at it
- rec profiles: you still may in settings > track rec > any profile > set active
- side panel customization: sorry, not planned. Side panel have to stay simple
- dynamic info bar: hmm, I have no idea where to place it. Even now, there is so low space on screen :)
- GPS toggle: agree it should be useful, anyway I cannot agree with long click solution on "GPS button". It break context menu of this button, so it's not possible.
  •  

mambofive

Regarding the new shop system:
In the previous version I could easily check which vector maps on my device are up to date and which maps need an update from the shop. In the new layout I'm missing this function, Is it possible to add an "check for updates" function?
  •  

Menion

it's not now possible, but it's definitely planned. I agree that it's one of most important features, so don't worry. During June/July it will be there on 100, hmm rather 99 % :)
  •