Track import problem

Started by Henk van der Spek, April 28, 2014, 12:51:11

Henk van der Spek

I found some nice tracks for our new hike but when importing them I have some problems:
1. I import one file but the result is two files/tracks
2. The resluting filename(s) get an addition; I prefer the exact original filename.
3. In this example I get 155 meaningsless points (in a points directory), cluttering my map screen

What I normally do is download the wanted track into my Locus "Export" directory and then start Locus and do the import.

Is this the result of faults in the original file or can Locus do a better job?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Henk,

it's really very simple to open GPX file in any! text editor and check base content. If you do so, you may see that this file really contact all these points you see on map. Since start, there is a lot of <wpt>...</wpt> tags, which define these waypoints.

Then in file is one <trk>...</trk> and one <rte>...</rte> so in file are really two tracks. One that contain all previous waypoints (rte) and one that are just connected points by line (trk)

Also in your file is right at start
<name>cz_e3_02_001.kml/Route</name>

Locus use this, as a name for imported data, so you may see it's content. '.kml' is already there together with some other info

EDIT: so I wanted to say, that I see no problem in Locus. All is displayed correctly
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello Henk,
i open your .gpx with "routeconverter" select "Track" and stored it as "mod.gpx"
Maybe this is an easy way to solve your Problem, see enclosed file
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Ok guys, thanks. 71 files to go but routeconverter sure helps!!
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •