Right way to choose the transport type for imported routes?

Started by Maruu, April 15, 2014, 15:12:47

Maruu

Hi,

im using an external tool for planning my bike route from point A to B. Then I export the route as .gpx file and import it in Locus Pro. In the tracks/route menu there's a small button to start the navigation of the route called "Navigation (beta)". After cklicking on that button the navigation starts, but unfortunately in car mode. I would like to start it in bike mode, but I haven't found an option to choose it. Is there an option in Locus Pro or a XML-Tag in the .gpx file I have to set so that Locus Pro know I would use the bike naviagation mode instead of the car mode?

Greetings

Hannes
  •  

Menion

Good day Hannes,

when you start navigation along imported GPX by "Navigation (Beta)" feature, there is absolutely no difference between car, bike etc. Only parameters you may set is amount of navigation orders as you probably noticed.

From what you think, that Locus use and offer some car/bike/..., modes for navigation along custom track?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

It´s because the voice says something like "Starting with car navigation mode".
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menionFrom what you think, that Locus use and offer some car/bike/..., modes for navigation along custom track?

"navigation_start_car": "Let's go",
"navigation_start_bicycle": "Let's go",
"navigation_start_foot": "Let's go",

in german tts this was translated to "starting in xx mode"

the question is
why Locus think it is a car navigation

jusc

Navigation starts correctly as you create a new route, but after export and reimport  this route you´ll get always car navigation. I think there are no informations in this imported gpx file.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Ah good point guys.

It's correct. In common GPX file is no information about "type" of route, so Locus take it as a default - car.

If you compute route directly in Locus, then during export Locus exports also type of route in some own parameters. But seems there is an issue now, so these parameters are not correctly imported back. I'll fix this to next version.

Anyway there still be no way, how to set this parameter manually within a locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Maruu

•  

jehan

Hi,  I 'm new to Locus pro and have a similar question: is there a recommended way to import a GPSies route, tagged as bicycle route, into Locus and start bicycle navigation? It seems that the bicycle routes I planned in GPSies are handled as routes for cars in Locus which unfortunately leads to unwanted tracks in case of rerouting.
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

jehan

Yes I read the thread but for me it was not clear if GPSies makes a difference since I read on facebook about a cooperation between GPSies and Locus. Ok I'll happily wait for one of the next Locus versions and until than I 'm going to enjoy this great app.
  •