How can I save "BRouter"-GPX files?

Started by jusc, January 28, 2014, 15:50:14

jusc

Maybe I´m blind???
The brouter0.gpx file will be overridden with every new route I think. But there is no possibiltiy to save as.... Even if you you tap on the route you can´t save it with another name, or?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

do not know, what exactly BRouter do, but if you use integration in Locus, there is possibility to save planned route directly to locus database. You should use "Add new route" feature, but it's also possible if you use "Navigation" feature. If you'll need some help with this, write me. I'm anyway not familiar with BRouter, so I should help just with stuff directly in Locus ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

After the track is saved as brouter0 (.gpx ???) in your preferred folder you can / should rename the track in the folder using Locus functions.
May be menion can add the date to the generated trackname.
Christian
  •  

Menion

Christian, it looks like Locus is generating this brouter.gpx file? If so, I do not know about this :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: Christian on January 28, 2014, 23:06:32
After the track is saved as brouter0 (.gpx ???) in your preferred folder you can / should rename the track in the folder using Locus functions.
Ok, I see, Locus functions means import. Afterwards you can change the name etc.
Regards J.
  •  

locuscycling

Quote from: jusc on January 28, 2014, 15:50:14
Even if you you tap on the route you can´t save it with another name, or?

Probobly you mean- created route not by ,,Add new route and measure''    right???

In case of ,,Add new route and measure''   it is very easy .
a) create route
b) save ( write a name)
c) tap on map
d) export and you have gpx
  •  

jusc

thank you,
but I meant the second way with creating the 2 points "from" and "to" with Locus and than start the BRouter app. After success you will get an brouter0.gpx automatically within elements.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I cannot help with GPX file, but just a question - why don't you use "Navigate to" function in Locus? It should give same result and you should be able to save tracks to database. Only disadvantage is, that locus currently in this function do not support extra points between start, stop
  •  

Christian

I expected that everybody start with "navigate to" :)
In this case a track is saved i.e. as "map -> map center". Wondering how brouter0.pgx is generated.
  •  

jusc

Ok, I do other like creating routes from p.e Hamburg to Munich for testing the offline routing.
With the "outside" way, by using the BRouter app implemented in the right bar of Locus, I can see the progress. etc.
Later if all tests are ok I´ll use the "add route and measure" of course  ;)
Regards J.
  •  

Christian

Found in readme.txt of brouter v0.97
QuoteIf started once more with identical input, BRouter will store a second route broute1.gpx
for the first alternative and so on.
So something is going wrong in brouter...
  •