Navigation target - recently used - filter out coordinate entries

Started by mambofive, January 13, 2014, 17:03:39

mambofive

When I use navigation in Locus, I can use the recently used list to define start and destination of navigation.

However, the list shows recently used POIs, recently used address searches and recently used coordinates. The coordinate entries might come from geocaching activities or route recalculations of former navigation activities.

I don't see a reason why coordinates should be listed in this recently used list, the list would be much clearer and easier to use without them. So I suggest to filter the list and display only 'named' targets and leave away all coordinate entries here.

•  

Menion

hi,
  good point. I agree that they do not have much sense, so if no one have anything agains it, I'll remove them to next version

EDIT: on second side, sometimes you define for example target point for any feature by coordinates and later you want to use same point for anything different. Should this happen? I think yes ... how ofter? hmm :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on January 13, 2014, 17:14:43
hi,
  good point. I agree that they do not have much sense, so if no one have anything agains it, I'll remove them to next version

EDIT: on second side, sometimes you define for example target point for any feature by coordinates and later you want to use same point for anything different. Should this happen? I think yes ... how ofter? hmm :)

Yes, I define points with coordinates often because Locus is a map app. :D
But when I need a second point with same coords mostly it have to be in another category and I can copy the first point. For second point in same category normally I copy 'n past the coords with clipboard.

In summary imho you can remove coords from list.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

oki, thanks guys, so 3:0 for "remove"

Only what remain is then: POI, Address, Contact, Clipboard

Count then in new version, you'll see all items as now. Just new items won't be added to list
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •