Garmin Glo Data Compatability?

Started by IanP, December 31, 2013, 00:03:33

IanP

I loaded and ran the updated app and can connect to the bluetooth Garmin GLO device but its the same problem. The data from the GLO is not showing up in the GPS data and satellite display and cannot get a location fix. I ran the BT GPS app as a mock provider and then Locus can get a location fix ok.

I wanted to send the file you requested (gps.raw) but it does not appear in the locus folder and a search could not locate this file. It appears this file is not being written when the BT GPS app is running and connected to Locus via mock provider.

Any ideas?

Ian
  •  

Menion

this file should be created when Locus is connected directly, not over Bluetooth GPS app. And it's not there? Hmm weird ... may you please post me a screenshot of screen of Bluetooth Manager in Locus when you connect to your Garmin Glo?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

IanP

Ok Menion, thanks again!
Screen shots have been sent to you.

Ian
  •  

Menion

Thanks you for screenshots Ian. I ask for them, because I though that you may connect your Garmin GLO to other Bluetooth type in locus, like Zephyr sensor for example.

Unfortunately for me, all is correct on your side and why this not work, remains mystery for me.

I do not know, how much time and power your want to invest to fix this problem. Because I'm still at begin and have no idea where is problem. If you really want, and you do not have a problem with testing a few versions and creating some logs again and again, I can create some versions. Fortunately exists solution with 3rd party app, so it really depend just on you.
  •  

IanP

Hi Menion,

I really like my Locus Pro app and want it to work directly with Garmin Glo. I would be happy to try out different versions of the app for testing compatibility with the Glo device. Considering how popular Garmin products are and how large their market share is in GPS products, compatibility with Locus would be good for the app.

Happy to help in solving this compatibility issue and appreciate your great support!

Ian
  •  

Menion

Oki, you're brave :). Mainly interesting is, that I already had reports from a few people, that Garmin Glo works fine ... nevermind ..

So, what I need from you is
1) log file with information (you already did this with Android monitor)
2) data that may contain raw data from Garmin GPS recorded by Locus (will be now stored in Locus/logs directory as a "gps_data_X.raw" files

Here is a fresh testing version that will print out quite a lot of information. So we will see :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/Locus%20%28dev%29/test_versions/2.18.0.9.apk
  •  

IanP

Menion, do I need to uninstall the existing free version or do I just install the new test version over the top of it? Not sure how you uninstall the free app as it does not show up in my apps. I'm guessing thats because it was installed from as a downloaded file and not from the app store.

Ian
  •  

Menion

you may simply install it over previous Free version, anyway you have to see every installed APK file in list of apps. It's really not possible not to see it.
  •  

khkarel

Hello,

as already posted in [CZ] topic, I have garmin GLO and it is not possible to connect directly with locus.
What is the latest status. Is somebody able to connect this device?
What can I try to do so?

Thank you
  •