[APP] - version 2.16.X+ (updated 25.10.2013)

Started by Menion, September 30, 2013, 20:14:27

joeloc

Quote from: joeloc on October 13, 2013, 11:53:25
Quote from: menion on October 11, 2013, 20:25:38
finally some more info except "it do not work", fine. So even a "menu > settings > global > text-to-speech settings", do nothing? Hmm it's also quite weird that "Choose voice" do not display a dialog. When you start navigation and on map screen you tap on navigation arrow, and in menu choose "Choose voice", it also do nothing?

Nope... no window to choose anything. I saw this window exactly once iirc and then never again, even re-installing locus didnt help.

I correct myself. Since I was apparently the only one with this problem, i reinstalled the OS and IvonaVoice and now it works more or less correctly.
  •  

joeloc

I think the problem might have been related to languages, like running system and locus in german but only having english languages installed for ivona. Maybe if there is only one tts for the chosen locus nav language, locus should default to that automatically? I admit not knowing much about the android api for this.
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks ... this seems to be neverending story, damn html arrow

@kahemu: glad you like it, me too :)

@tramp20: hmm, this is quite hard to test feature, so we'll see after a week, if this is really fixed now

@joeloc: I'm checking all possible places and there is absolutely all standard as on other places, so absolutely no reason why dialog do not appear. May you create for me a log please? Thanks ... ah, now I read your second post - you reinstalled whole device? Unfortunately TTS should use only same language as your app is currently set. It's not possible to combine different application language and different TTS (as I know)

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

@menion,

At this moment I'm downloading the new Freizeitkarte directly to / with Locus.
While download is running, I don't have any chance to work otherwise with Locus. Is it possible to make downloads in the background?

Regards J.
  •  

alex_dd

Hello,

thanks for the new version, there are some nice ideas inside.

But since this version (maybe also since the last version) locus is slow in showing vector maps for me.
sometimes it needs 20 or 30 seconds until the complet map is on the screen.

If i use instead online maps, there are much faster.

I have Android 2.3.

have a nice week
alex
  •  

balloni55

Hi jusc
QuoteI'm downloading the new Freizeitkarte directly to / with Locus
after i download and automatic unzip of fzk i get a errormassage

Are you able to display this map?

Edit: after downloading with PC the map has the expected size and work
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

There appears to be something wrong with the calculation of font metrics for the outline on uppercase text for custom themes on vector maps. The positioning of the outline doesn't match the overlaid text for the road names on the attached images. This is not the case if there is no uppercase transform. Edit: On my phone (HTC Desire S) this depends entirely on the zoom level. Zoom 19 is particularly bad.

The offending code is below:
<pathText k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="10" scale-font-size="16,1.05" fill="#000000" stroke="#C0ffffff"  stroke-width="2.0" dx="10" dy="3" upper-case="true"/>
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Quoteall importable files like : kml, kmz, gpx, loc, openair, ov2, upi, sqlite, gemf, rmap, tar, osm.map ... that's probably all. if something won't work, let me know. keep in mind it's test version please

i have tried to import a .gpx track from Dopbox, after klick import the window disapeares and nothing is importet.
When i import a .kmz track from Dropbox, the track is stored in POI and Track folder
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Quote from: balloni55 on October 14, 2013, 07:21:57
Hi jusc
QuoteI'm downloading the new Freizeitkarte directly to / with Locus
after i download and automatic unzip of fzk i get a errormassage

Are you able to display this map?

Edit: after downloading with PC the map has the expected size and work

Hi balloni,
So it's solved for you. But I can use the directly downloaded map without any problem. So maybe a temporary download problem?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

ah, new version ... and:

@jusc: not a simple task ... maybe later, because I'll need something like this also for some other download tasks, so I'll do it at once

@alex_dd: online maps will be almost always little faster, mainly if you have area already cached. Anyway there should not be any slowdown of vector maps in last versions. Anyone experiencing some problems with speed of vector maps?

@balloni: I'll check downloading tomorrow ... and import should work fine in new test version

@john_percy: same as balloni

•  

druki

I got the same at the Freizeitkarte Download of Southern Germany.

•  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: On levels 9 to 13 Vector maps are still pretty slow. In particular as there seems to be NO caching for ALL of those levels.

Quote from: menion on October 14, 2013, 23:39:10
@alex_dd: online maps will be almost always little faster, mainly if you have area already cached. Anyway there should not be any slowdown of vector maps in last versions. Anyone experiencing some problems with speed of vector maps?
  •  

Menion

that's correct, no caching if you have enabled "Auto loading". Anyway question wasn't if map are slow (we all know they're in certain levels), but question is whether they're slower then in previous version as @alex_dd wrote. I hope not
  •  

ormoru

If I choice two files to import, import only first from selected. I try from SD card and Dropbox. The same problem.
  •  

Menion

weird, I've just checked it and seems to works correctly. Are you selecting same file types? Like only GPX files? This is one limitation for now - only same file types are allowed
  •