[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

balloni55

If i "guide on" to a geocache, the name of this cache is not displayed in the top of the compasswindow ???
If i "guide on" to a aditional waypoint of this cache the name e.g. "stage1" is diplayed.
Long names are cut, it will be better they slide.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

drmikey

Quote from: menion on September 25, 2013, 11:59:50
hi, you just tap in menu > settings > map -advanced > theme of the maps and locus "force close" itself? What android version you use please?

EDIT: ah got it porbably, seems to be a problem only on 2.x devices

Yes that is exactly what happens and sorry, I should have mentioned that i am on 2.3.7
  •  

ta-ka

I found a reproducible force close on Locus Test 2.15.1.8.
[Search] -> [Wikipedia/Google Places] -> tap a candidate -> [guide to/tools/map apps] button
  •  

Menion

quite a lot of issues, damn. Thanks, all should be fixed, except

@balloni: understand problem with title in action bar ... currently android do not allow scrollable title, so it's a little problem here. I'll think about some workarounds, but cannot promise solution now

@john_percy: yes, I also from whole my heart hate menu hidden under hardware menu button. I've "hacked" it to display it on Android 3.0+, but there is no working solution to make it work also on 2.X devices, sorry. Usually there are no important function hidden. Usually just link to manual or settings, so no worry.

@KaHeMu: if you'll have a while, may you please check color of tabs? It will be worst, but I hope it will be fine

Ok, so this is probably last version before release. I'm really looking forward to make it done, so I can again start work on any usable topics, like "guiding along track" etc ;)

thanks all for help btw. Without you all, it won't be possible to do this all ... thanks

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

One more little, almost tiny, bug - in the new weather screen (when did that cool feature appear?? Have I overlooked it so far or did you quietly include that in one of the recent versions?) the German words for humidty and visibility are too long and the last letter of each word is being displayed in the line below, so it looks like this:
Luftfeucht  88%
e               10km
Sichtbarkei 1014 Bar
t
Luftdruck

Might not effect all devices, but affects my phone with android 2.3.6, 3.8 inch display (800*480 pixels).
Oh and it would also be interesting to know which of the many weather services you are using for the data. Because my phone says that it is sunny outside, but reality does not agree with that ....
  •  

drmikey

Quote from: drmikey on September 26, 2013, 08:26:32
Quote from: menion on September 25, 2013, 11:59:50
hi, you just tap in menu > settings > map -advanced > theme of the maps and locus "force close" itself? What android version you use please?

EDIT: ah got it porbably, seems to be a problem only on 2.x devices

Yes that is exactly what happens and sorry, I should have mentioned that i am on 2.3.7

On v2.15.1.9 the force close still occurs.  :(
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on September 26, 2013, 10:41:36
quite a lot of issues, damn. Thanks, all should be fixed, except
@KaHeMu: if you'll have a while, may you please check color of tabs? It will be worst, but I hope it will be fine
Ok, so this is probably last version before release. I'm really looking forward to make it done, so I can again start work on any usable topics, like "guiding along track" etc ;)
thanks all for help btw. Without you all, it won't be possible to do this all ... thanks
Hi menion,
the color of text in tabs at tablet is worse then before. Only at the moment the tab is pressed you can see the highlighted text under your finger. At Xperia phone same situation is ok, the tabs aren't in the menu line.
Nowadays I'm planning a hike trip through Italy with creating tracks with routing function. This is a awesome feature of Locus! :) And often I have to use the device in portrait mode.

Btw. there is another bug with portrait mode:
Selected tracks aren't visible. (see pictures)

edit:
Just tested:
Tracks created in portrait mode are visible in both views. That's weird!

edit:
This is correct only up to a length from about 5.7 km!!
If tracks are longer they disappeared but the turn-over points to be left.

Regards
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

@eldron: it's world weather service here http://www.worldweatheronline.com/, we're paying for premium data so it's 3 hours for 7 days. How precise data are? Hmm did you ever trusted these forecasts? :). I've forced texts to be only one line, so it sohuld look in next version like "Luftfeuch..." instead of two lines text

@KaHeMu: it will be worst ...

- I'm unable to reproduce problem with track. If you after rotate zoom in/out, is track again visible? If so, are you able to create a log for me, because there have to be any error on background
- tab colors ... I need to know your device, android version, screen orientation. Is there incorrect color in landscape and portrait or just one of them?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

1. WMS layers settings page; two (different) ticks, one top left, one top right. What's what?

2. And "Pressure countor" should be "Pressure contour"

3. Map agreement screen; also two (different) ticks

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on September 26, 2013, 15:42:02

- I'm unable to reproduce problem with track. If you after rotate zoom in/out, is track again visible? If so, are you able to create a log for me, because there have to be any error on background
Oh yes, tracks are created at zoom level 16 or 17. If I zoom out to level 13 or 14 tracks appears. I never did so before. :(  But if zooming in tracks are disappearing again!

- tab colors ... I need to know your device, android version, screen orientation. Is there incorrect color in landscape and portrait or just one of them?

My device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Android 4.0.3 portrait mode, incorrect color only in portrait mode.

Now I have to look for help with creating a log. ???

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

joeloc

> changes:
> - big GUI rewrite

really? i had serious hopes after reading this, but none of the major blunders were even remotely adressed :-(.

1) database manager nonsense screen: besides of it being completely counter intuitive for non-geeks, it prevents locus from remembering positions in track & points lists and forces us to re-open categories and scroll through long lists EVERY SINGLE TIME we deal with tracks :(.

2) splitting of track/point view & edit screens. seriously... why in gods name are you doing this?! having ONE SINGLE track view with editable fields would get rid of so many useless buttons and silly complexity in your interface.

if those points arent even addressed in a "big GUI rewrite", i guess keeping up hopes is kind of pointless.

Here is a possible track VIEW AND EDIT screen:

•  

ta-ka

Quote from: ta-ka on September 25, 2013, 15:07:12
On Galaxy Tab 7 (Android 4.2.2, CM10.1),
data manager and maps manager are shown as tablet style even in portrait
They are now properly shown as smartphone style in portrait.
Really Thank you! :)
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: KaHeMu on September 26, 2013, 18:26:46
Quote from: menion on September 26, 2013, 15:42:02
My device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Android 4.0.3 portrait mode, incorrect color only in portrait mode.
Now I have to look for help with creating a log. ???

Sorry for selfquoting!
Locus created 2 log files, both are empty.
  •  

Mek

When you delete a map file (sqlite) using the map manager, the sqlitedb-journal file stays there so I have to delete it manually. Would it be possible to delete it as well? :)
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

joeloc

To be a bit more productive instead of just whining, I just drew a mockup of how a unified track info & edit view could look like:
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/unify_track_information_and_track_editing_in_a_single_view?rfm=1

*That* would be a change worthy to be called "big GUI rewrite" :-). And just imagine how many menus and buttons and other stuff you could simply remove from current Locus...

•