Navigation on all tracks

Started by Menion, September 03, 2013, 12:47:55

Sersus

Now I have the new phone with the newly installed Locus Pro.
Two days ago we had the 147km road trip on bikes. After 100km the problem I described here (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3372.msg28287#msg28287) appeared again and made me to cut off the passed part of the route in order to have possibility to continue the navigation. This method with cutting off is the only way to continue navigation since it was implemented in Locus.  ;)
So today I had to conduct the experiment. Before riding on the "A-104" road (see the screenshot) in the bus I created an experimental zigzag route. In the first 3-4km the navigation algorithm had the good job. But at one point it stopped and started to draw me to passed point. And the menu item "Nearest point" was hard redirect me to that passed point.
That is usually in such cases in the real world it is no a further opportunity to continue the navigation or even restart it! It is always draw you to the one distant magical point... The cutting off all the passed way is the only method.

•  

Sersus

Unfortunately I deleted this temp route.
But today I created a new one (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hszS9Kz3cVckt5cXpLZ3N4X28/view?usp=sharing) and the problem became obvious! I am sure that you can create your own random zigzag route along your real way and after some distance the guiding will stop. The "Nearest point" will be useless. And even the attempts to restart navigation will not help.
As you can see on my today screenshot:

•  

Sersus

Ok, but if the stock Locus can import your .tcx file I will can test it only in 2-4 days being on that road.
Quote from: 0709 on November 19, 2014, 22:25:01Too many trackpoints in that internal track resulting in unresponsive phone. The generated Navigational Coursepoints are not the problem but that very large trackfile is I suppose.
May be. I typically use 120-140km hand-drawn quite complicated .klm files. But this zigzag file is too small and with a lot of deviations from the real position.
  •  

Sersus

Quote from: 0709 on November 19, 2014, 22:25:01
Import this file in Locus and go directy to  Navigation. (No BearLeft/Right or SharpLeft/Right).
Yesterday I have tried your .tcx variant of my zigzag route and it was all ok. The navigation worked good and smooth. (It is а  separate topic about its practicality and a (dubious) benefits from its simplicity. IMHO.)
  •