First of all I want to thank you for always be willing to understand the problems of us, your users.
Thats not normal for software companies in these times, thanks.
I will try to describe the problems as precise as I can.
1. Fresh new track created with Mapquest online by foot:
border of to segments.
2. In principle the display activation works fine, but...
The display activation is triggered in advance to a notification, which is coming up. Beginning with this event the system timeout counts for deactivation of display again. If there is the next notification within this timeout, the timeout is not resetted and just counts on. This means, that on the last notification within the timeout the voice says "in 50m right" and than the display gets dark, before you reach the crossing. Only the next notification after display off triggered the timeout again. So the display timeout should be triggered repeatedly at every notification for the full timeout time.
To set the timeout longer (e.g. 5 min) does not help because there will be a notification at 4:55sek and than the display is dark again ;-).
3. manual notifications: Great, I want to test it as soon as possible.
4. Yes, option to turn off snapping and enabling moving (compass) map would be perfect. Than it would be like "old" guiding but with map data related notifications (with Mapquest) - perfect.
5. notification delay: mhhh, so its depending on speed, not bad......Maybe the fast changes in speed during mountainbiking is critical to the calculation. You need always some time to get the GPS speed and when I accelerate afterwards it does not fit anymore,...I don't know.
What Tommi says is, that the 50m notification is not the notification for 50m, but it is the notification to turn instantly? Only the notification text is wrong?
mhhh, also a possibility.