Automatic Display activation

Started by jusc, August 13, 2013, 19:32:50

Christian

@Max: "always on" is not a solution even with external battery. I tried this...

And i would prefer a more clever solution than adding nav instructions to track manually...
Working with angles can be nice idea.

Declaring this as a request will happen on next weekend.
  •  

Max

Quote from: Christian on July 02, 2014, 12:52:31
@Max: "always on" is not a solution even with external battery. I tried this...

And i would prefer a more clever solution than adding nav instructions to track manually...
Working with angles can be nice idea.

Declaring this as a request will happen on next weekend.

The battery thing was just a joke, as it is not really the solution we are looking for :) But with my old HTC desire and my 5200 mAh external battery I can actually go for approx. 4 h, which is enough for me.

The angle thing won't work realiably, because there will be a lot of curves which are not really turns, but still have a lower angle than some actual turns. For example, imagine a Y-junction which you enter from the one-road-side. The track will be almost straight through that junction and so it won't be recognized as a turn unless you lower the angle criterion so much that your phone will be constantly beeping everytime you follow a slightly curved track.
The only way an automated generation can work, is by using underlying map data to evaluate if there is a turn. But thats probably hard to implement.

Coming back to the manual notifications that you can add in gpsies... I just opened one of my gpx tracks that I generated on gpsies.com in oruxmaps. The additional turning informations which are actually GPX-Waypoints are shown on the map. So it seems that a GPX track can have additional GPX waypoints in it and they are somehow distinguished from the other trackpoints that make up the route.
  •  

Christian

Willy put a lot of information in this thread and it seems he spend some time to research the demandings of the nav generator. Good job! And yes...there are a lot to do in Locus.
From the attached proposal .doc:
"And as a overall statement: Locus Guiding should provide correct turn indications and behave as Locus Navigation."

The requirements remains the same (see thread above). About sounds / morse codes we will discuss later. I would prefer arbitrary sounds.
I understand that navigation orders can only be generated with a "underlaying" map. So the new " nav gen guide light" has to be a part of the existing nav generator already implemented in Locus.
Tomorrow i will put it to the new forum / wishlist.

Enjoy the evening,
Christian

•  

Christian

Hi guys,
busy days are over and the feature request is now there:
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/automatic-display-activation-guiding-with-display-and-sounds

Thanx to all collecting ideas in this thread especially to 0709 for test and dealing with sounds.
So feel free to support the new idea.
If there are any blurs don't hesitate to write in this thread or on the new help site.

Regards,
Christian
  •  

Christian

Automatic screen off should work if the user does not work on the display. Otherwise it is wrong. It works for me perfectly (independent of time set).

I deactivated the proximity sensor in Locus 'cause it doesn't work reliable.

hth,
Christian
  •  

Christian

Obviously no one. Compliment for your patient while testing.
  •  

szebenyib

Quote from: 0709 on August 14, 2014, 17:40:49

NEW Proposal extra functionality.
Locus Auto Screen OFF TIMER:  xx seconds.   Free user xx seconds setting.
Locus Gesture Control: 1x (MTB/handlebar) or 2x wave (Hiking) : Free user setting.

Maybe that can be included in tracking profiles to avoid manual switching.
  •  

gynta

can't vote - there are two ideas :)
...and one of them ("1x wave") sounds critical (maybe too sensitive):
maybe i can test it...
Is there an known App with "one wave action" to check it - on the road - with the mobile on the handlebar?
or can i test it with mobile onboard features?
...sorry for stupid questions ;)

Sersus

Sorry for my bad English at first.
Im starting from the idea of voice guiding along tracks. I think there is no need to manual adding of turn instructions in track in Locus because currently it depends on rotation angle, so when I want to exactly hear "bear left" before determined turn I am specially do more sharp angle in that place. Thats all.
"Away from track" notification is already presented in Locus.
"Morse code instead of TTS"? Hmmmm.... Why?

But "Twice gesture control" will be a great function with a phone mounted on handlebar! Along with control of duration of screen time within Locus itself!

•  

Christian

Quote from: 0709 on September 29, 2014, 11:22:07
OK: Auto Screen on/off functionality.
Ahhh, thats nice to read! Thanx for report.(i'm not a beta tester...)
  •  

Christian

Nearly same settings. But i have not use guiding since my last poor experiences. So i'm waiting for a navigator light with automatic display on ;)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: 0709 on November 09, 2014, 11:51:00

Display setting: Control on/off screen enabled-> Enable set up to your personal preferences.
Mine: Wave once (bikemount) and turn off if iddle for 15 seconds ! Always screen on. Disable lock screen enabled. (Locus as service.)

I´m not sure if I understand this:
Screen always on is always on.  So I can´t test a "Wave once" function.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

Thanks I found a solution for this:
Display / Display always on / Specify /during guide/navigation .
(in general settings I switched on Air gesture)
At the moment it works in front of my desk.  ;D

But second problem : Switching to speech "Samuel" doesn´t give me a beep back, So I only get a "Process successful".
Main speech in (main) settings" is set Google. In Locus (Laguages & Units) in text to speech is Google to speech)
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

@Willy

thanks again.
It works on the S2 (my bike phone)  not on Note 2. On S2 there is no TTS installed. So I have to look at it a bit more.
Another question, the Samsung phones have a hardkey home button. So I was able to switch on the display during cycling by presing the home button and there ist no need for waves, at least for me.
Does "Automatic display activation" work without "waveing"?

Regards J.
  •  

Sersus

Menion, I think the "Control on\off screen" with activated gestures must have another menu such as simple "Turn on time" for common control of screen on time. I mean the possibility to simple activate the screen by gestures for necessary time.
  •