Dashboards not working

Started by tommi, August 03, 2013, 14:22:21

Menion

hmm don't know why this works just on testing Free and not on Pro. Anyway during a morning I improved system for refreshing dashboards a little bit. Hope it will not cause problems on other places ... we'll see.

Test please this version - it's regular Pro version that I usually publish! except here are some debug messages.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/801 ... 14.0.1.apk

Btw. logs from you comes from enabled debugging in locus or any other program?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Test please this version - it's regular Pro version that I usually publish! except here are some debug messages.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/801 ... 14.0.1.apk

Btw. logs from you comes from enabled debugging in locus or any other program?
Dashboard didn't work as always in Pro version. Still dashboard displayed but no value e.g. for time of day.
Sent you log (all logs were with dev_record_debug_logs=1 in config.cfg. Last one is taken from Locus/Logs folder, previous logs were taken with logcat. Does this make a difference regarding information in it? Btw. manual page for config.cfg is not up-to-date.)
  •  

Menion

so tommi ... I have no idea :)

seems that in your Pro version, system (or any mystery alien) do not allow to start one simple service that provide data for this dashboard. Biggest mystery for me why it works on one version and not on second. Don't you have any application that serve as some protection. That may block parts of other applications etc.? Because you're really really only one with problem..

I just published new test version where you should at least test pressure sensor. Dashboard will be probably again working so I may also create a Pro version to get some more logs anyway I'm worried that there will be currently no solution ... weird
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"so tommi ... I have no idea :)

seems that in your Pro version, system (or any mystery alien) do not allow to start one simple service that provide data for this dashboard. Biggest mystery for me why it works on one version and not on second. Don't you have any application that serve as some protection. That may block parts of other applications etc.? Because you're really really only one with problem..
I loaded down the new testversion and the dashboard did not work on that, too!!! (See below what I found out afterwards)
Then I got a bit angry and so I set up my phone newly because I had the impression that this is a unique problem on my phone and it's system.
And ... the mystery is gone. Dashboard is working again on my Pro Version as well as in the Testversion!

What was the reason why it made me believe even not to work on the Testversion today?
After having setup the system newly I tested Dashboard startup several times and finally found out that Dashboard is not working if Locus comes up with Dashboard switched on (due to being switched on when leaving Locus). If I disable and enable Dashboard again it works. Seems that from previous tests with last Testversion Dashboard was still switched on.

I think this is something you can fix.
And nevertheless you could add debug output in Locus (for all versions) to check if a service was successfully installed and up (if checking that is possible). Locus uses several services, doesn't it?

Sorry for taking so much of your valuable time but I simply had no clue what could have gone  bad on my phone as it was working on Testversions but not on official Proversions.
  •  

Menion

hey, you never before tried to disable/enable dashboard again?

Anyway this behaviour (dashboard is not refreshed if started also with locus) is bug from this new version. I see it now, that I made small issue in order so dashboard is not now registered for receiving data because service is not yet running. Anyway in some logs from your previous testing, there were clear, that service itself is not running at all. Weird ...

Anyway I'm glad you found some mystery way to make this work. I'm going to fix this new small issue. And you're welcome of course ;)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hey, you never before tried to disable/enable dashboard again?
No, no, this was only the problem yesterday.
At least in most (if not in all) of my tests over the last weeks and months the dashboard was disabled when I started Locus.
This was accidentally enabled on startup only yesterday.
  •