TTS voices

Started by Menion, July 07, 2013, 14:44:19

Menion

sure, possible. I just two days ago created new part of code called "TrackNavigationGenerator". It should have simple purpose. I take track from GPX and put it inside. Result should be same track, together with many waypoints that will have attached these parameters, like rtePointAction etc. So exactly same parameters I generate from track you compute over mapQuest etc. So probably similar to what you do.

I have this already in mind and it should be quite simple. Every track in locus will have button "navigate". If this will be pre-computed (mapQuest, cloudmade, ...) it will work as normal navigation. If not, it will in first step go through "TrackNavigationGenerator" and then .. voala, normal navigation :)

I was just stuck on start, so not much work is done yet
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"sure, possible. I just two days ago created new part of code called "TrackNavigationGenerator". It should have simple purpose. I take track from GPX and put it inside. Result should be same track, together with many waypoints that will have attached these parameters, like rtePointAction etc. So exactly same parameters I generate from track you compute over mapQuest etc. So probably similar to what you do.
Nice, in our document there is something similar called "The Directional Waypoint Generator".
  •  

ta-ka

I compared the voice navigation of the google route between version 2.13.1.4 and version 2.13.1.5.

version
2.13.1.4 : (1)take exit right -> (2)stay left -> (3)take exit right
2.13.1.5 : (1)take ramp left -> (2)merge left -> (3)take ramp right

- At the entrance of the JCT (1), the direction is correct now (take ramp left).
- At the middle of the JCT (2), it was correct (stay left), but it becomes wrong (merge left).
- About the end of the JCT(3), there is a difference (exit, ramp) but I don't know which is correct.

Hum...  I think I should prepare another sample for test.
  •  

Menion

thank you for test, I fixed second point so now it should be correct

2.13.1.6 : (1)take ramp left -> (2)stay left -> (3)take ramp right
  •  

ta-ka

Could you fix another two wrong TTS voice navigation by google route for left-hand traffic?
Please find two sets of start/end points in gpx file. The voice should be "Take ramp left" for both.
Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I've updated ja.tts in this topic (2013-07-29).
  •  

Menion

Google Directions API is still mystery for me ...

in your files are two tracks (four points)

for track 02, this is URL request
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/dir ... 140.587490

for track 03, is here
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/dir ... 139.538595

you may see that in track 02 is only HTML instruction for specific point on map. So from this HTML text, I'm trying to get some valuable information which is not always possible, crazy. In track 03, you may see value "maneuver", which fortunately say what to do on this point. This value is anyway in request rarely, so mostly I have to parse values from HTML instructions. Anyway in track 03, I use for "maneuver" : "fork-left" value "Stay left", which is probably more precise, because for "Take ramp left", there is "maneuver" : "ramp-left"

don't know if you understand what I wanted to say :). Just navigation computed by Google is still little bit crazy for me ...
  •  

ta-ka

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

If I understand the issue, the google route sometimes doesn't contain direction information (left or right) in html instructions and at the same time maneuver is not available, so it's not possible to know which direction to go.

How about an idea to add new entry "take ramp" into en.tts and use it when no direction information is found in instruction? I mean TTS voice just indicate the existence of ramp without its direction.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"If you'll miss any notifications, tell me, I'll improve it
from version 2.13.X+ thread:
Quote from: "menion""better text fro clock/distance instructions" - you mean for a guiding? I'll improve support for text configuration TTS file to cover also commands for this guiding. Next week ...
Not sure how you want to improve the text but in latest test version it's still the same "x Meter von y Stunden"

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "menion"Btw. what order should be more usable then this?
"%D %U word %H word"  ..was ok, but currently we have no string to translate in crowdin.

%Distance
%Unit
%Direction(Hour)

edit
As tommi wrote (his reply was quicker) put it in the *.tts file
but you have to do this also in crowdin, because not all user have an *.tts file in the locus folder...

Should it now possible to get a better translation for "x Meter von y Stunden" like "x Meter in Richtung y Uhr"?
In Locus 2.14.0 it's still the bad text.
  •  

Menion

yes, it's not yet included in this version. Current TTS system in 2.14.0 is just for voice navigation, not for any guiding features

btw. to all who wants to test custom TTS files. I've changed path to custom files from default root directory to
Locus/data/ttsso just place for example de.tts to test custom TTS files
  •  

ta-ka

I copied en.tts and ja.tts into Locus/data/tts but Locus still uses old navigation voice.
By the way, the large font of the distance meter is nice.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "ta-ka"I copied en.tts and ja.tts into Locus/data/tts but Locus still uses old navigation voice.
Don't know if this necessary but did you restart Locus after copy?
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "ta-ka"I copied en.tts and ja.tts into Locus/data/tts but Locus still uses old navigation voice.
Don't know if this necessary but did you restart Locus after copy?
Yes, of course.
If the voice come from en.tts, Locus should say "start the car and go" as soon as car navigation starts.
  •  

gynta

Can confirm - there is a problem...
tts works with crowdin words.

yes, i moved *.tts to ../Locus/data/tts/..

Menion

ah damn, two smaaal bugs on one place. One that made that internal tts files do not work, second that external tts files do not work. I was so sure that this will work, that I do not tested it correctly.

Sorry guys. I'm sure there will be more problems, so I'll try to fix them all to new, soon coming version
  •  

gynta

Locus/data/tts/*.tts file works again in  2.14.0.3

btw
please let Locus create the tts folder with a default en.tts file.