TTS voices

Started by Menion, July 07, 2013, 14:44:19

ta-ka

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "ta-ka"..."You've arrived at your destination". Try attached the gpx file.
Ah i see. It is also a calculation "problem". Distance from the last instruction and speed. Isn't it?
Yes, I agree. It depends but I haven't figured out what exactly condition is...

@menion
I have an another problem of the unofficial Google route calculation and TTS voice navigation of Japanese roads.

Japan is a left-hand traffic country. But the Google route calculation in Locus wrongly shows right-hand traffic route. Therefore the TTS voice navigate to the opposite direction.

Well, it's an unofficial function but could you please fix this?
  •  

Menion

guys forget on most problems you wrote about here. I was two days in bed so I hope I discovered and fixed most of them today.

I had to improve little bit system for TTS files, they're in first post together with description

Testing version is just uploading to specific post viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3189

EDIT: ah ta-ka, sorry I forget to check your last post ... so hope tomorrow
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

I've just updated ja.tts file.

@menion
Please fix typos in en.tts.
Text-to-speed -> Text-to-speech
nineth -> ninth

Quote from: "menion"EDIT: ah ta-ka, sorry I forget to check your last post ... so hope tomorrow
I see. Thanks!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "ta-ka"@menion
Please fix typos in en.tts.
Text-to-speed -> Text-to-speech
nineth -> ninth
done...

Menion

thanks guys :)

what you think about this format? Everything clear? Everything works? It's usable for you as is?

I ride with this already about 200km and for me, it works perfectly.

If you'll miss any notifications, tell me, I'll improve it
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"If you'll miss any notifications, tell me, I'll improve it
from version 2.13.X+ thread:
Quote from: "menion""better text fro clock/distance instructions" - you mean for a guiding? I'll improve support for text configuration TTS file to cover also commands for this guiding. Next week ...
Not sure how you want to improve the text but in latest test version it's still the same "x Meter von y Stunden"
  •  

Menion

this is not yet improved ...

I was yesterday working on new "Convert track to navigation route" system, but it seems to be more complicated. Anyway I'll add meanwhile TTS into these configs also.

Btw. what order should be more usable then this?
  •  

tommi

Hm, I expected this text can also be configured in <country>.ts.
Anyway, the text in German should be "x Meter Richtung y Uhr".

Another question (I admit it's a bit off-topic but has to do with TTS).
There are navigation instructions "after 50m turn right" and later "after 100m turn left" " and sometimes its "after 50m turn right then after 100m turn left". What is the exact condition that Locus concatenates the two instructions??
Or is this info coming from the online routing service
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"Btw. what order should be more usable then this?
"%D %U word %H word"  ..was ok, but currently we have no string to translate in crowdin.

%Distance
%Unit
%Direction(Hour)

edit
As tommi wrote (his reply was quicker) put it in the *.tts file
but you have to do this also in crowdin, because not all user have an *.tts file in the locus folder...

Menion

Quote from: "ta-ka"I have an another problem of the unofficial Google route calculation and TTS voice navigation of Japanese roads.

Japan is a left-hand traffic country. But the Google route calculation in Locus wrongly shows right-hand traffic route. Therefore the TTS voice navigate to the opposite direction.

Well, it's an unofficial function but could you please fix this?

Google remain unofficial, because their terms-of-use do not allow to use result on other then Google Maps ... funny. Just to explanation

I'm testing this route compute in tokio and I get correct results. May you please write me exact start and end coordinates of your route, so I may test it on my own? Thanks
  •  

ta-ka

Please find attached a gpx file which contains start point and end point for route calculation test.
The route should go though the junction which I've shown in the screenshot.
Thanks in advance.
  •  

Menion

thanks ta-ka, this helps. Google compute of route is little bit weird, so if there will be some more problems, this "gpx" sharing is best way for me to fix it.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi"Another question (I admit it's a bit off-topic but has to do with TTS).
There are navigation instructions "after 50m turn right" and later "after 100m turn left" " and sometimes its "after 50m turn right then after 100m turn left". What is the exact condition that Locus concatenates the two instructions?
Or is this info coming from the online routing service?
Menion, could you answer on this? Thanks.
  •  

Menion

ah yes , sorry. These instructions are generated by myself. If there is distance up to 300 metres, between orders, locus say both, otherwise just current. And both are also said only in case, you're closer then 200 to first command
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"ah yes , sorry. These instructions are generated by myself. If there is distance up to 300 metres, between orders, locus say both, otherwise just current. And both are also said only in case, you're closer then 200 to first command
I think the generation of these wpt's with the extensions rteDistance, rteTime, rtePointAction are also one key element for "Convert track to navigation route".
Menion, I'm working together with a new forum member Willy (member name 0709, he does the main work) on a proposal on exactly the same topic "convert track to navigation route".
We would be happy if you would read it and also tell us the problems you see with this feature. Unfortunately the document is not yet ready, you surprised us with your statement about this. I think maybe Thursday/Friday we could give you a reasonable draft. Now after I read you are working on this topic we may skip some parts like motivation etc and concentrate on the technical aspect.
What do you think?
  •