Parameters for recording + track/route

Started by terragady, June 28, 2013, 01:36:18

terragady

Hi I finally bought a Locus Pro and I was to use it completely now :)

so for the first fire, what parameters in track recording should I set for mtb biking in the forest? 5m, 5s, "both" and 35m is fine?

what is the difference between route and track? If I am importing it to locus there is any difference?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  glad you did another big step in your life :)

About parameters ... this is quite individual and depend on what You need. Good start is to think about how fast you move and how much points you need. GPS send valid location usually once per second. So if you mainly ride a bike, so it's around 20km/h ~  5.5 m/s, then if you set distance to 5m, then you'll have almost every point, so it's almost 3600 points per hour!

And just a warning, if you ride in forest, and by "35m" you mean max accuracy, then expect that many points will have much worst accuracy. Points with +- 35m are usually quite good

and difference between track & route ... almost none in Locus. Best is import and check results. If you have an route, all route waypoints will have visible point on map. I hope that difference on map is expected
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •