GPX Route import

Started by furykid, March 10, 2011, 13:30:52

furykid

Hi,

I am new to Locus and suprised of its richness of functionality and cool design, but either I missed something
or it is not working correctly.

GPX specification has
1.Tracks : (live)recorded information from start -> end where the track itself is relevant
2.Routes: collection of Waypoints that desribe a track where the waypoints ARE relevant

I use GPX/Routes to do my planning. They have descriptions ( waypoints & routes itself), and I would like to see the individual waypoints ( flagged on map),see the details ( like it is implemented for waypoints), and navigate from one to another

But if I import a GPX file ( containing a lot of routes ) I only get the track information ( no description & no waypoint info)
 - is it that some information in the file is not parsable, did I anything wrong  or is this functionally missing ?

br
furykid
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  no this functionality is actually missing in Locus. May you attach zipped file with some sample files? Hmm, it'll be interesting cause I actually don't have system in Locus to handle few points connected together as route and work with individual one point. I'll find any solution anyway :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

furykid

Hi,

this would be great !! I am currently working on enhancements for rmaps that adresses this task but your app is definitly better ;-)

br
Furykid
  •  

Menion

uff after few hours of updating track database and rewriting whole track handling I created system for this ...

will be in tomorrow testing version anyway it brings also some limitation. I had to remove old settings for guiding "Use third party app for guiding" and add new "Radar" button into last button list on waypoint which directly call external app for guiding. Typical guide on then call "navigation" along path. All points have correct names and when data are imported from rte tag, also points are clickable and selectable.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

furykid

wow great I will give it a try
  •