Cannot connect ANT+ Heart rate

Started by AWI, May 14, 2013, 15:08:54

AWI

Hi, I have been using Locus for a few weeks now and am more than surprised by the functionality and features of the application. It did not take me much time to convince me buying the pro version.  The learning curve is a bit steep and can probably be improved but I am happy!

One thing: I own a lot of ANT+ sensors (and Garmin/ Suunto equipment) but have not been able to connect ony of the Heart Rate sensors. The stride (foot) sensor and some of the bike sensors are working fine but it is heart rate I use the most.  These are working in other applications (my tracks/ sporty pal).  Any idea what can be the issue? (Using an experia active ANT+ enabled phone with latest ANT+ manager)

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  not sure if you still need an answer but maybe for others ...

Locus has currently some big problems with ANT+ sensors, so almost all of them do not work now. What should work are just Heart rate sensors. All others not. For working HRM, you need latest ANT Radio from Google Play and also one small library. But Locus will notify if this is missing or not so you don't have to care about it.

I really hope that also all other sensors will work, but it depend when ANT developers release new version of their API. Hope soon
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gps2003

I have problems with  the connection to my ANT+ devices.
HF  (Ciclo Blue Eye III) will work fine and recognize each time when I activate the ANT+ functionality.

However, with my Garmin Tempe I have problems. I activate all devices in the ANT+ manager, but searching will always find only the HF.

A few days ago the tempe sensor was found but this was the only time that it works (exception), but it shows that connection should be possible.

Other applications (GOA) can use all my sensors.

Locus Pro 2.20.2
ANT+ Plugin 2.2.0
Garmin Monterra 1.19

What can be the reason for this behaviour?
What can I do to use my temperatur sensor without problems?

Thank you very much

Andreas
  •  

Menion

Hello gps2003,

solving problems with sensors is always a problem. In this case it's same. I have no idea why anything not work as should, because I did a best what I can, to make it work properly.

For connecting to ANT devices is used small library, so I'll check if there is any update (I think it will be) and update this library to next update. Without having this device at home, it's best I can do now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gps2003

Hi menion,

thank you for your feedback. I will give feedback if the library update will help to connect to the sensors.
  •