Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"Version 2.10.2.10 - 25. 4. 2013
this is currently release candidate. If there will be no problems, this version will go out to wild world for next month ...

changes
- added automatic pressure calibration using SRTM data if available
This doesn't seem to work (compare "dynamic altitude" and "dashboard altitude": https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcyu06sjhzets ... .27.52.png
Setting in Altitude manager is PRESSURE: Automatic

Sometimes after start and sync of GPS it also says in GPS screen: Altitude unknown ???

I'm sure you cannot live with such version, in first post is fixed ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

With the first version I got three times a very very short error message after closing Locus. I could not read it but some problems with sdcardlocus???srtm or nmea or....
Perhaps missing height data?
I could not reproduce it

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970 mit Tapatalk 2

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"Version 2.10.2.10 - 25. 4. 2013
this is currently release candidate. If there will be no problems, this version will go out to wild world for next month ...

changes
- added automatic pressure calibration using SRTM data if available
This doesn't seem to work (compare "dynamic altitude" and "dashboard altitude": https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcyu06sjhzets ... .27.52.png
Setting in Altitude manager is PRESSURE: Automatic

Sometimes after start and sync of GPS it also says in GPS screen: Altitude unknown ???

I'm sure you cannot live with such version, in first post is fixed ;)
Both problems seem to be fixed, now I have more accurate altitude than ever :D
Thanks a lot!
Barometric altitude measurement puzzled me since last summer.

One thing remaining, not sure if I already mentioned it: In dashboard satellites(used) and satellites(all) stay on last value after switching GPS off or out of sync. These values should go back to 0 (similar to accuracy and altitude which go to 0 in this case).
  •  

chrabros

Quote from: "menion"@chrabros: thank you for valuable comments. I'll ask you for some additional information. Quick map switch prepare maps based on current map center. So in your case, you have to be a close to some border right? Unfortunately in current vector map format is no information about some exact bounding area, to depect which map is located at which place. But I may confirm, that there is need for some improvements!

Well I doubt this. It happens quite often and I do not believe that I was close to the boundary of Cuba or Czech Republic
at that time. But I'll watch the behaviour with this in mind. But maybe it has happened when switching from SmartMaps
and there I could really be at the border of touristic map.

Quote from: "menion"compass: did you just tried to calibrate it? Wave with device in air a while
I did, it made no change.

Anyway, I'll install the latest beta and I will let you know.

ZdravĂ­,
 Dalibor
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"you'll be very kind! In first post is new test version. It do not print any special debug messages because I don't know where to start anyway if you use any log recorded, please enable it at start and let it record for a whole time.

I am back now after 4 hours and 1000 Hm.
With the 2.10.2.10-1 I had no freeze :-)
But catlogging the whole time made my battery empty, of course I had a second with me to change.
If I pause Locus, exit it, change the battery and restart recording: does Locus recognize this and append it to the paused track or at least ask to allow it?
If I remember two years ago OruxMaps asked to continue the recording if the new record starts within a short time (perhaps 1-2 hours) after pausing.
This would be nice for Locus too.

But I found a new bug: since the 17.04.2013 these testversions are no longer exporting the complete track name (e.g. 2013-04-17_090000_Grainbach.gpx) but only -_Grainbach.gpx.

As I export all tracks to dropbox I need this really.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

thanks all for help on next version. There is quite a lot of changes (as usually) and I really hope you'll enjoy them. See you ;)

EDIT: tramp, you may try if Locus continue with track record on your own. I'm sure it will work
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •