[APP-DEV] - version 2.10.2+

Started by Menion, April 02, 2013, 19:20:49

gynta

Quote from: "menion"NETWORK LINK
"# after remove items (with "Remove temp map items" used from right panel) and restart Locus -> the item is still active again..."
- you loaded definition of network link by data > items?
yes - because i can't import this as an database POI - any other ideas?

Quote from: "menion"# After activate an item - i can't center this item (from datamanager) to find him.
- you active only a file with network link. In that moment, Locus have no idea what's on server, so it cannot center. And data from network link are downloaded and display on background so there is currently no way to "center" or handle more precisely data coming over network link
Good point - Thanks - Any other ideas?
Currently you can follow this point with the guiding line - because the poi has a ID.
Is its possible to center this ID?

Quote from: "menion"# "Center to item" - shortcut function missing
isn't this on GetSatisfaction as idea?
Yes In the meantime, we have a topic...

edit
about "top panel" - look into our dropbox

tramp20

Hi all,
because it is very quiet here so let us go :-)

This week I had two complete freezes with this version 2.10.2.5:
1. After about 90 mins of track recording Locus freezes and I noticed this at home.
2. Today after 75 mins again a freeze. This time I saw it half an hour later so I could continue my track recording for the next 4 hours with Locus pro.

Both times Locus was complete dead, I could only kill it with a task killer.

I saw some forum postings that Locus suddenly stopped recording but I have at this moment no time to search.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "gynta"
"# after remove items (with "Remove temp map items" used from right panel) and restart Locus -> the item is still active again..."
unfortunately not, this is how work with "Items" works

Quote from: "menion"# After activate an item - i can't center this item (from datamanager) to find him.
- you active only a file with network link. In that moment, Locus have no idea what's on server, so it cannot center. And data from network link are downloaded and display on background so there is currently no way to "center" or handle more precisely data coming over network link
Good point - Thanks - Any other ideas?
Currently you can follow this point with the guiding line - because the poi has a ID.
almost everything is possible :). But when you want to center this item? When is loaded from internet or in some other moment?

about top panel ... even if I use your configuration file, all works fine for me. Have to test it more ... :/

@tramp20: weird ... should you next time after you kill Locus with task killer, create a log?

and finally ... new version in first post
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"@tramp20: weird ... should you next time after you kill Locus with task killer, create a log?
Does it make a sense to create a catlog 1-2 hours after the freeze?
And thank you for the new version. I cannot test it because the weather will be very bad :-(
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

1-2 hours ... hmm probably no. Depend how much nonsenses your device post to log ...

anyway I just published quick fixed version. There were small problem with vector map zoom, but it should be ok now. You may at least check at home, how fast are vector maps now ;). There is also little bit slower zooming, but it use already loaded data ... you'll see what I mean
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
just tried the new version, I like the boost of vector map rendering. I think on zoom changes it firstly just does a magnification/miniaturisation of the screen image and afterwards calculates the new level, right?

Another point: I already observed it in the previous test version and now I could simply reproduce it with the current version: Automatic change of vector maps doesn't work (always?): With the last test version I observed it during car ride from Slovenia to Austria because more and more of the screen remained white. I could only manually change to the Austrian map and then it worked again.
With the current test version I shifted the map center from north to south from Germany to Austria and it doesn't render the Austrian map, cf. screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwcn49zk1dabj ... .23.57.png
Austrian map only appeared after manual change to it via Quick map switch button.
Shifting map further down until Italy and again it doesn't appear. Here it's even worse as Italy is not in the list of the Quick map switch button.

This was written before your last post - tested with the *first* version 2.10.2.6

*edit*: problem persistent in 2.10.2.6-2
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...I just published quick fixed version. There were small problem with vector map zoom, but it should be ok now. You may at least check at home, how fast are vector maps now ;). There is also little bit slower zooming, but it use already loaded data ... you'll see what I mean
Near https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... zoom_level
isn't it?
-> nice

Menion

@gynta ... exactly. Unfortunately my system is quite slow, and not yet perfectly working, but it's a work in progress

@tommi: are you sure you have enable automatic loading for vector maps in settings?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: are you sure you have enable automatic loading for vector maps in settings?
Just reproduced it once again and yes, Map - advanced/VECTOR MAPS/Map auto-load is ticked.
You can't reproduce it?
Gynta, maybe you?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"
unfortunately not, this is how work with "Items" works
ok maybe there is a misunderstand. let me explain in 2 situations:

A:
# load network link.
# remove items (with "Remove temp map items" used from right panel)
# restart Locus
-> the item is still active again...

B:
# load network link.
# remove items (with "Remove temp map items" used from right panel)
# just look into datamanager (only open and close datamanager - do nothing!)
# restart Locus
-> the item is NOT active...

gynta

Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "gynta"# After activate an item - i can't center this item ...
almost everything is possible :). But when you want to center this item? When is loaded from internet or in some other moment?
(for me) it's not important to fix the center permanently on the moving point.
If i want to know where is my buddy -> i like to tap "find waldo"  :mrgreen:
How?
Hm, maybe a list of exits POI IDs -> tap ID -> mapcenter moves to POI -> done.

Menion

Quote from: "gynta"ok maybe there is a misunderstand. let me explain in 2 situations:...
thanks, that helped. Fixed

@tommi: issue with auto-load of vector maps found and fixed, thanks!
  •  

Menion

so mainly for tommi & gynta ... check first post ;).

I think rendering of vector maps and now also online maps, is almost perfect. I create method that is very fast and works well for both map types. Finally after years :)
  •  

tommi

Great, I like the new vector map rendering - and even higher speed is appreciated :)
Auto switch vector map works again.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"... and now also online maps...
Good job! ...again :)