[APP] - version 2.10.X

Started by Menion, March 22, 2013, 13:45:16

mr egg

Hi, I've just updated to the new version but the weather has stopped working.  It was great in the last version but just a blank white space with a spinning circle now. Maybe it's just a picture of the snow outside!  ;)

While I am here there is another thing that isn't quite working on my device...

In augmented reality I get plenty of POIs on the radar screen, but none of them show in the main view.  There is a line on the bottom of the radar that I think should show the angle of view but is just showing a line from the centre to bottom.

Aside from these minor irritations I think this is an awesome app and it's great to have all these functions in one app, thanks.
  •  

gynta

Hi mr egg
thank you for your reports

Quote from: "mr egg"weather
-> viewtopic.php?f=10&p=19666#p19658

Quote from: "mr egg"augmented reality
some Problems with AR acknowledged -> https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ay_of_pois

jusc

Quote from: "jusc"The new version doesn't start anymore. :cry:

on GT-N7100

Thanks for the "midnight update". It works now.

It seems, as one setting didn´t work before the last update (from midnight). I reinstalled the second update new (deinstallation of Locus and new installation) That worked. But as I restored my settings backup, Locus crashed, or didn´t start.
But now just tested the restore of the same settings backup with the midnight update is fine.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Online maps - Zoom info
-> The zoom level info was replaced - why?  :shock:

I(!) only need 3 Infos:
- Provider(OSM. MapQuest,...)
- Map type (Street, Topo, Satellite,...)
AND
- available Zoom levels
[attachment=0:3spxv4xg]2013-03-23_154830.png[/attachment:3spxv4xg]

And now, Locus tells me what i can do with this map.
Great! i know what i can do with a Topomap...! :roll:
But now i don't know: "is this map good enough for my purposes?"
Driving a car with zoom 14 is ok.
Hiking with zoom 14 - only partially - so I use another map - but which one???
Zoom level info was replaced...

jusc

Yes zoom level should be shown. This is at least my opinion.
Regards J.
  •  

druki

I have the same strange behaviour as balloni55 described in post #13 with the map rotation and lines to aditional waypoints.
  •  

Menion

Test version before 2.10.2

I don't want to create separate topic for this, because it will be short testing (I hope).

Firstly thanks all for reports in this thread. There was few very important information that helps me fix problems faster!

Current 2.10.1 version contain, even that testing took almost a week, quite a lot of problems. I spend two days to make all work correctly, so I'll be glad if those of you, who had any issues, should confirm that all works fine. I'll also continue work on some small issue that remain and will be nice to publish finally version without serious problems :)

Version
[attachment=0:3mvm138l]2.10.1.3.apk[/attachment:3mvm138l]

- finally fixed problem with loading personal maps (rare problem if you had some really old maps)
- fixed some more reported crashes

- dramatically improved initialization speed of personal SQLite maps
- fixed not working Weather service
- fixed missing scroll in "edit coordinates" dialog
- fixed problems with ability to store tracks event when no category exists
- fixed in-ability to restore tabs when you hide all of them (in map manager)
- fixed crashes in Weather service and Quick switch when open/close too fast
- add popup hint for weather and also in case all tabs in map manager are hidden (first attempt for some in-app help in easy to understand Google style)
- improved searching for address by Google (now should work in all cases even on non-certified devices)
- added address search on Bing (results are anyway sometimes really weird)
- fixed rare crashes when try to display temp points from GPX files
- fixed crashes with main menu after rotation
- added details about online map into "information" screen of online map
- fixed inability to zoom-out on geocache listing/images tabs
- fixed GetFeatureInfo for WMS maps based on 1.1.1 protocol
- fixed crashed after searching of address and Google Places
- fixed lines from waypoints to caches when rotate screen
- hopefully fixed crashes in PeriodicUpdate service. This really needs to test, so if you use in any app PeriodicUpdates or you use dashboard, check it please
- and many other small reported problems and also few small improvements

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Impressive!
My own Right side panel came up automatically.
Wheather is functioning fine (with one time info "To change Location etc).

All three search sources are working good (and have their own ideas about the city center).

Allthough it is a new installation of Locus Free, it also took over my points on map but not the one mapitem  (a kml file) I always have selected and not the language settings ( I use English and not my phone setting-language (Dutch)).
But this will probably ok in a normal update and anyway no problem for me.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Locus use now weird combination of private and public settings. Loaded data, panels, wms maps, "quick add point" definitions and configuration file are shared between Locus versions because they are stored on card as a binary files. Other settings like language or other settings directly changed in Locus are unique for every Locus type. As you wrote, it's generally not a problem when you normally update Locus from Google Play

Anyway I see that you had 4 crashes for a while you tested it. Once was out-of-memory, so it's on another story. But two was really weird crashes when you probably rotated map screen? Is this possible? Are you able to simulate this problem when you want?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

I saw only one. Now testing again. It's the functions screen and then rotating phone left 90 degrees. Gives shutdown. Also one level deeper with weather screen open.

Next when starting I get " over quota ..."  allthough starting with vector map.

More later, dentist is waiting.
  •  

tramp20

Here too. The 2.10.1.1 crashes in function menue from landscape back to Portrait mode.
The 2.10.1 was ok.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970 mit Tapatalk 2
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Even in the main menu screen, after two or three rotations the 2.10.1.1 test version crashes.
And in the functions screen and "deeper" also in the weather screen and the open street bugs screen. SOmetimes at the first rotation, sometimes it takes two or three rotations.  2.10.1 definitely does not do that.

If I open the weather screen in the test version from my right-side-bar it also crashes after rotation.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "Henk van der Spek"If I open the weather screen in the test version from my right-side-bar it also crashes after rotation.
This one I can confirm on my phone.
  •  

Menion

seems to be another mystery. 2.10.1.3 tested on three devices. I was waving with them like crazy and no crash :). Anyway if some problem occur, in this case I'll really find helpful logcat (btw I discovered that this aLogRec works also on my 4.1.2 https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tb.alogrec
  •  

tramp20

The 1.3 seems to be ok, but the switching between portrait and landscape is much more slower as before.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970 mit Tapatalk 2
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •