[APP] - version 2.9.X

Started by Menion, February 19, 2013, 13:30:33

Menion

Hi to all,
  I would like to introduce new testing version 2.9.2.2

Main information
  • firstly, do COMPLETE BACKUP of your databases! (menu > functions >backup > complete) Locus has some small changes in database and I had to change a way how styles for tracks are stored, so after you store any track with this new system, it will not be back compatible to old version. So you'll have to use this test version till new version will be on Google Play (one, max two weeks), or restore backup and use normal Google Play version
  • Test version is public, because I would like to have some feedback and confirmation, that it's working and it's clear how it works!
  • I'm not responsible for damages on data, that may occur! So do it on your own risk (I do not expect any damages, but just for sure)

short list of main changes
  • rename of "Categories" to "Folders"
  • new track edit screen
  • complete rewrite of definition of track styles
  • improved drawing of tracks on map (speed & style)
  • added support for styles for track folders
  • improved dialog that start downloading of online maps and added possibility to start download from tools menu of online map
  • fixed problem with incorrect sorting of vector maps
  • fixed problem with Ant+ sensor
  • fixed problem with slowness when more points added in "Add new route" function
  • fixed problem with wikipedia search ignoring location
  • many small GUI improvements

Version
[attachment=0:29tq0gzp]2.9.2.2.apk[/attachment:29tq0gzp]

EDIT1: after short discussion with gynta, in next version will be changed default settings for new tracks. "Use style of the folder" will be enabled by default for all tracks, and not disabled as now. It makes sence because if you import or finish track record, you usually do not want to care about styles as they'll be defined for every folder
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Hi to all,
  I would like to introduce new testing version 2.9.2.2

Main information
  • firstly, do COMPLETE BACKUP of your databases!
Menion, just to make it clear: Which folder(s) exactly need to be backuped (Locus/...)?
  •  

Menion

text in previous post improved. I was talking about backup of databases, so you'll be sure you'll not loose any data in case of problems. So do complete backup in locus, or just manually backup locus/data/database directory
  •  

martinhub

Ahoj Menione, kopíruju sem svoji odpověď z vlákna https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/2shqc0u3tv3xw

Díky za odpověď, jinak je Locus skvělá aplikace, jenom bych ještě pouvažoval do informací o stopě přidat průměrné hodnoty ze senzorů (ANT nebo bluetooth), když je teď Locus podporuje.

Tak teď jsem zkoušel tu testovací verzi 2.9.2.2 a ten popsaný problém s ANT+ je vyřešen. Po kliknutí na start v ANT manažeru se čidlo tepu připojí.

Je tu však druhý problém. Po asi 10 až 20 sekundách se ukončí služba ANT radio service a čidlo opět nereaguje. Je nutno v ANT manažeru kliknout na stop a pak zase na start, ale situace s vypnutím se opakuje. Vyzkoušeno i při záznamu trasy.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
since 23.02.2013 all logfiles in locuslogs (suffix .html) are empty (size = 0).
I have set record_debug_logs=1 in the config.cfg.

Before this date the logfiles had about 20 kB.

Did you change something?

I have downloaded your new 2.9.2.2 and will test it.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@marting: I'll check it, thanks for test

@tramp20: hmm I'll check it also :) thanks
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"@tramp20: hmm I'll check it also :) thanks

Yesterday evening I installed the 2.9.2.2 and now the logfiles are written again.

Could you include the Locus version number in the logfile?

2130838297, Testing Free (working as Pro) version. Valid till: 31. 03. 2013, 4)

And of course there were no problems with the new version: conversion was ok, vector map download is as always blocked in the free version :-(

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
there is a new bug:
today I wanted to test the new version, but during track recording the track was not visible :-( Only the actual position and start/stop were correct.
After stopping and saving I could see the complete track.
To be sure I made another track but with the same result.

I used the OutdoorActive maps , no vector maps.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

and do you have selected some visible color in settings? Because I just yesterday discovered that during track record are ignored all options like "Color by altitude, by speed", etc. and always is used only "Simple color".
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"and do you have selected some visible color in settings? Because I just yesterday discovered that during track record are ignored all options like "Color by altitude, by speed", etc. and always is used only "Simple color".

Yes, of course. I have magenta as track colour and color by speed and I have nothing changed, only updated from the pro to 2.9.2.2. With the 2.9.2 all was perfect drawn on the display.
After saving I can see the track, but not during recording.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

oki. I did some changes in this since release of this test version, so please wait till next version and then we solve this if problem will be still there.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"oki. I did some changes in this since release of this test version, so please wait till next version and then we solve this if problem will be still there.

I made a third try with disabled color by speed etc. and now my track is visible during recording.

Perhaps this will help you.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Test version 2.9.2.3

list of news of previous test version is here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2867&start=20#p19254

Do not forget to read info in previous test version!

And changes:
- some fixes in styles. This should be final version, fully working
- complete rewrite of "Quick map switch" (discussion here - https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... let_it_die)
- some minor changes

known, not fixed issues (also my small list of TODO on tomorrow)
martins report about problems with ANT+: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2867&start=20#p19266
think about Auto-off: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... _recording
problem with Locus shop: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ment_issue
we have confirmation from wikimapia, so add it: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... s_xml_file

what is more then welcome
feedback if is clear and easy to use - new system for track styles (styles defined for folders vs style defined for tracks), and also new quick switch
  •  

mambofive

Hi Menion,

Locus (2.9.2.2 & 2.9.2.3) crashes reproducable after these steps:
- Open data manager and select a geocache from list => cache details are shown
- Refresh geocache (using gc4l from 3rd party menu) => geocache is refreshed, details of refreshed cache are shown
- now delete the geocache (from the tools menu of the detail screen) => geocache is deleted but still shown in the POI list
- now select the same geocache again from list => crash

Besides that, the test version is working fine for me.

Best regards,
 mambofive.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tramp20"
Quote from: "menion"oki. I did some changes in this since release of this test version, so please wait till next version and then we solve this if problem will be still there.

With the 2.9.2.3 the track is displayed correct with color by speed etc.

Thank you.

User ID acc406201
  •