[Theme] Volatile-Bundle

Started by jusc, January 28, 2013, 13:39:08

jusc

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...

Hello,

Update 2013/05/05

I have changed a few things in my Volatile themes. Now there are 5 Volatile themes.
I made some small updates for the Volatile bundle. There are no significant changes inside the themes, but now you can use the 5 Volatile themes with the Freizeitkarte (<!-- m -->http://www.easyclasspage.de/maps/seite-2.html<!-- m -->) too.

Scroll down for  Volatile-Bundle_V2.zip

I divided the hiking from cycle theme, added the Volatile_OCM and the Volatile_Winter theme.
The Volatile_OCM theme ist inspired by the excellent OpenCycleMap of Andy Allan from <!-- m -->http://opencyclemap.org<!-- m -->.
The winter theme is the "snow covered" hiking theme. But nevertheless you should see the ways. <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->
Only in the winter theme are ski pistes included.

You can use original Locus maps (direct download from Locus shop) and (optimized for) kech61s maps from OpenAndroMaps as well. But the layout differs a bit in few points.

Volatile_Winter
Only the winter theme includes ski pistes as you can see below. I made the pistes a bit more visible.

Volatile_Hike
The Volatile hiking theme is inspired by lonvia hiking ways (<!-- m -->http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/de/<!-- m -->).

Volatile_Cycle
Includes the cycleways, regional, national and international cycling and mtb trails.

Volatile_OCM
Very similar to the cycle theme but with more "transparency".

Volatile_Pure
This theme is the base (naked) theme without ski pistes or any cycle or hike routes from national or regional cycle or hike networks.
Cycleways and footways are shown of course.

The themes are mostly created and tested with the Galaxy Note 2, so it´s possible, that there are changes necessary for other phones.
Feel free to use them, but I have one request: If you want to have changes or improvements, or you do these changes by yourself, please let me know or offer them in the same way.

[attachment=0:1joo7je9]<!-- ia0 -->VolatileV2.1.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1joo7je9]
   Updated at 2013/05/5 04:51pm

Volatile_Hike and Volatile_Winter (Click on the picture for better view)

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...
Regards J.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bearkvarc

jusc

Reserved for more Screens
The differences between the themes with the Alps from OpenAndroMaps
Click on the screenshot for a better view

[attachment=1:3ji8bkgl]4.png[/attachment:3ji8bkgl]

The Volatile_OCM theme
[attachment=0:3ji8bkgl]3.png[/attachment:3ji8bkgl]
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

good work ;)
  hope you like additional parameters, but just for your info, this: scale-font-size="11,0.9", means "Use 100% of define font size at level 11 and scale font size by 0.9 for every next level. So in 12 it will be 100% * 0.9, then at 13 100% * 0.9 * 0.9 etc ... so by this, you have probably really small texts ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Volatile_Winter is the Volatile_Hike with white forests and meadows etc. and nothing else should be absent.

Another example with original Locus map (Volatile_OCM)
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"good work ;)
  hope you like additional parameters, but just for your info, this: scale-font-size="11,0.9", means "Use 100% of define font size at level 11 and scale font size by 0.9 for every next level. So in 12 it will be 100% * 0.9, then at 13 100% * 0.9 * 0.9 etc ... so by this, you have probably really small texts ;)
Oh,oh, you are right. I always tested in lower zoom levels.  :oops:
I just updated the bundle (at 20:00) in first post
Thank you for advice.

Sorry guys, please download once more if downloaded before 202013/01/28 20:00!!
Regards J.
  •  

wvb

Thanks a lot for your effort jusc!
They look great!

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

kech61

Hi Jusc,

Great Job as usual!!

Best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "menion"good work ;)

Hi Menion,

<caption k="ref" font-style="bold" font-size="10" fill="#000000" scale-font-size="11,1.1"
 bg-rect-fill="#FFF004" bg-rect-stroke="#000000" bg-rect-over="3" bg-rect-stroke-width="2" bg-rect-rounded="4" />

:shock:

This is really great, it gives the map a much more professional design.
Is this your private fork of mapsforge or will we see this in the next official Version?
Hmm... or have I missed something in the documentation  ;)

Anyway,

Best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

Menion

Hi Christian ... situation is little bit complicated. MapsForge is from my point of view "sleeping", too much on me. I use some older version of their library and finally decided, not to wait till they release some new version but completely rewrite part of it to fit Locus needs. I'll of course publish this code if anyone will be intereted, but not sure if someone will want integrate more then half year old mapsForge code, that is from 25% rewrote :)

Anyway now it's possible to add there almost whatever will be need. What you see here, backgrounds around labels, is just a small part from what we did with Peter. Anyway Peter if I remember have plan, after some testing, publish some blog post what is possible to use as a new tags so ...
  •  

kech61

Hi Menion

Quote from: "menion"and finally decided, not to wait till they release some new version but completely rewrite part of it to fit Locus needs. I'll of course publish this code if anyone will be intereted, ...

Yes, Mapsforge is sleeping - they announced V4.0 - lets see if the most anoying bugs are resolved with this version (small value bug, land/sea, fragile MP-handling aso..).
However, I'm in doubt that anyone is real interested in your modified code - (no offence!!)  ;)  because:

Honestly,
I, by myself would have never touched mapsforge and invested hundreds of hours if someone would had delivered high quality vectormaps with cycle/hike-routes for !!2Euros!! per GB in spring of 2012  ;)

Peter and you have done a real good job!

Best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

koksch

Hello,

I have a problem will (almost) all rendering themes like volatile_* and other ones in that way that some detail aren't shown correctly:

-- railways miniature

In Dresden (N 51°02.434, E 13°45.168) and Leipzig there are miniature railways ("Parkeisenbahn"). They aren't shown in the maps.

-- streams

Some streams are covered by areas (wood, meadow, ...). So the Prießnitz in Dresden at N 51°04.588', E 13°45.701'. (After outcommenting the rules for forest, wood, ... one can see these streams on the map.)

-- In Dresden the park-area cover underlying areas as wood and meadow at least in the Großer Garten (N51°02.218, E13°46.430').

Either leisure=park should be rendered before landuse=wood and so, or these parks should be changed in OSM.  
Moving the rule for leisure=park before the rule for landuse=* helps.

Best regards

Norbert
  •  

jusc

Thank you for feedback

Quote from: "koksch"I have a problem will (almost) all rendering themes like volatile_* and other ones in that way that some detail aren't shown correctly:

-- railways miniature

In Dresden (N 51°02.434, E 13°45.168) and Leipzig there are miniature railways ("Parkeisenbahn"). They aren't shown in the maps.

Changing the theme does not solve the problem. The tag railway = "miniature" seems nor  to be in the Sachsen map (Locus) nor in OpenAndromap maps.

Quote-- streams

Some streams are covered by areas (wood, meadow, ...). So the Prießnitz in Dresden at N 51°04.588', E 13°45.701'. (After outcommenting the rules for forest, wood, ... one can see these streams on the map.)

Maybe the tag Layer = "-1" is the problem. I will diskuss the stream and railway problem wit Voldapet and kech61.

QuoteIn OSM the Prießnitz at N 51°04.588', E 13°45.701' is tagged with layer = "-1". Maybe with is the reason
I have this to diskuss with Peter and Christian, because streams is rendered after the greens as far as I can see.

-- In Dresden the park-area cover underlying areas as wood and meadow at least in the Großer Garten (N51°02.218, E13°46.430').

Either leisure=park should be rendered before landuse=wood and so, or these parks should be changed in OSM.  

Thank you for this hint I changed it in this theme (attached) without any cycle or hike tag.
If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "kech61"Hi Menion
delivered high quality vectormaps with cycle/hike-routes for !!2Euros!! per GB in spring of 2012  ;)

it's !!1Euros!! for 2GB ;)

Anyway I want just want to notify (all themes developers) about this topic viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2843
  •  

kech61

Hi Norbert,

Quote from: "koksch"-- streams
Its definitly the Layer-Tag. Looking at the stream in question it seems that this layer tag is correct in wide areas, in the parkarea it may be wrong - however its not clear to be seen on the satimages. This is a term for the local mappers to resolve this problem.
However, I can clear all Layer tags prior to rendering the maps (as I do with highway tunnels) but this is not the way to go because the layer tag is important in many cases.
Tagging streams in tunnels (culverts) is discussed here: http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopi ... =16300&p=1 - so its not that easy.
Maybe Mapnik ignores the layer with streams, for the park its OK, in the SW of the park Mapnik fails with this strategy. Its a fact that streams in culverts are tagged with layer-1, correct or not....
So how ever anyone render these streams ist more than likely he will fail  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "koksch"-- In Dresden the park-area cover underlying areas as wood and meadow at least in the Großer Garten (N51°02.218, E13°46.430').
I will take a look at this issue:
Looking at this Multipolygons (nested MP's Grosser Garten http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.03 ... 5&layers=M) I would say its an Artwork of its own,.....    :geek:

Edit: I'v tested the changes you suggested and found no side effects so far - so the new themes for openandromaps are ready for download at my site.

Best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

brotbuexe

I see the railway with volatile_ocm and open andromap germany north cycle from 20.12.2012.
  •