Authorization Locus on Play Store ....

Started by mimichris, December 31, 2012, 09:47:35

mimichris

The "Locus "authorization" on Play Store scare me, like many Android applications, what happens ?

YOUR ACCOUNT
REPORT ON THE USE OF THE DEVICE
Allows the application to request authentication tokens.
ADD OR DELETE ACCOUNTS
Allows the application to perform operations such as adding or removing accounts and deleting the passwords.
YOUR POSITION
APPROXIMATE POSITION (NETWORK)
Allows the application to get your approximate location. This is provided by location-based services on the basis of location sources such as network access points and Wi-Fi antennas. These location services must be enabled and available on your device for the application to determine where you are in an approximate way, if necessary.
POSITION ACCURATE (GPS AND NETWORK)
Allows the application to get your exact location using GPS satellite receiver (Global Positioning System) or location sources such as network access points and Wi-Fi antennas. These location services must be enabled and available on your device for the application to determine where you are, where applicable. This authorization may lead to increased use of the battery.
CREATE SHADOW OF SOURCES OF LOCATION FOR TEST PURPOSES
Allows you to create mock location sources for testing or to install a new supplier position. The application can change the position and / or status returned by other location sources such as GPS or providers position.
COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
LINKING TO DEVICES
Allows the application to display the Bluetooth configuration of the tablet, as well as make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the application to display the configuration of the Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
HAVE A FULL ACCESS NETWORK
Allows the application to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications can send data over the Internet. This authorization is not required to send data over the Internet.
CHECKING THE NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION
Allows the application to communicate with tags, cards and readers compatible with NFC (Near Field Communication).
STORAGE
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE STORAGE MEMORY USB ALTER OR REMOVE THE CONTENT OF THE SD CARD
Allows the application to modify the contents of the USB storage. Allows application to modify the contents of the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS
ACCESS PARAMETERS BLUETOOTH
Allows the application to configure the local Bluetooth tablet, identify remote devices and associate them with the tablet. Allows the application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, identify remote devices and associate the phone.
PREVENT THE SHELF GO TO SLEEP MODE PREVENTING THE PHONE GO TO SLEEP MODE
Allows the application to prevent the tablet from entering sleep mode. Allows the application to prevent the phone from entering sleep mode.
  •  

Menion

and which one scare you? :) Write me and I'll try to explain. Every one have it's good reason!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"and which one scare you? :) Write me and I'll try to explain. Every one have it's good reason!
Why not put the info about rights into the wiki?
  •  

gynta

searching and found this:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46
...with a dead link to the website
...and http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/permissions
...and http://www.locusmap.eu/my-maps-support

-> So i think tommis idea - is a good idea...

edit:
@Menion
I created a first rough draft here.
please update

btw
happy 2013

Menion

gynta, you're too active :)

description of permissions is on homepage of locus http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/permissions (btw. why deadlink??), because I think it's very important. On dokuwiki it will be hidden somewhere ...

anyway page is quite old and need refresh. This will be done into new version of homepage that we prepare.
  •  

tommi

Happy new year to all!

Wiki or manual I don't care. Important is that info is available and maintained with every version.
  •  

Menion

understand. I added this as a priority task, so it will for sure be included in web page together with precise description for every permission
  •  

tommi

Brilliant :-)
  •