[APP] - version 2.8.X

Started by Menion, December 07, 2012, 07:25:59

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"But I was the first. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=17693#p17693
Are you talking about copyright for reported bugs? ;-)
I only wanted to crossreference because Menion answered there recently.

Quote from: "jusc"Are you sure that your example was correct measured?
How can I know? A different setting on my side could be switched off altitude filter.

Quote from: "jusc"For me it worked only if I added a waypoint, but not while a track was recorded.
I definitely only recorded a track.
  •  

berkley

Is there a raw data recording for pressure sensor? Like NMEA for GPS?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "menion"8.12.2012 - Locus 2.8.1
new version is finally available. Enjoy

Hi Menion,

It seems that, after installing the new version, the default setting for the themes switches to the internal ones.
I received several Mails that after installing the openandromaps are no longer working correct.

This could be easily solved by switching back to the andromaps_hc.
However, it would be great if the choice of the user would stay as it is till one of your maps is bought.
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

Menion

Hello Christian,
  your post is quite surprise for me. To explain: locus stored last selected vector map theme as a string to theme file or empty if only one internal was selected. Because we added three new internal styles, I needed to change way how this information is stored. So fact, that locus when updated to 2.8.0 forget it's previous settings, wasn't because I wanted to, but because I needed to store these data in different format.

so sorry for troubles, but surprising for me is fact, that users that downloaded maps and installed theme, aren't able to check which theme is selected and rather write email.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "menion"so sorry for troubles, but surprising for me is fact, that users that downloaded maps and installed theme, aren't able to check which theme is selected and rather write email.

Hi Menion,
Thanks for clarification - no problem at all, I just made a note on my website concerning this issue.

As for the EMails: This is OK for me - I just C&P and its done  ;)
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "jusc"But I was the first. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=17693#p17693

Are you sure that your example was correct measured? For me it worked only if I added a waypoint, but not while a track was recorded.

jusc, are you able to continue in topic on getSatisfaction? I just added there response. Thank you
  •  

Mek

When trying to add a point via the Coordinates menu item, after naming it and touching OK, Locus crashes with error:
USER_COMMENT=
ANDROID_VERSION=4.1.2
APP_VERSION_NAME=2.8.3
BRAND=samsung
PHONE_MODEL=GT-I9100
AVAILABLE_MEM_SIZE=1616162816
TOTAL_MEM_SIZE=2113748992
CUSTOM_DATA=
STACK_TRACE=java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure delivering result ResultInfo{who=null, request=12027, result=-1, data=Intent { (has extras) }} to activity {menion.android.locus.pro/menion.android.locus.core.gui.dataManager.DataManager}: android.database.SQLException: Failed to insert a waypoint into category:4
at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java:3205)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleSendResult(ActivityThread.java:3248)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1200(ActivityThread.java:140)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1285)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4921)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1038)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:805)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.database.SQLException: Failed to insert a waypoint into category:4
at menion.android.locus.core.geoData.a.g.a(L:545)
at menion.android.locus.core.gui.dataManager.DataManager.onActivityResult(L:472)
at android.app.Activity.dispatchActivityResult(Activity.java:5390)
at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java:3201)
... 11 more
android.database.SQLException: Failed to insert a waypoint into category:4
at menion.android.locus.core.geoData.a.g.a(L:545)
at menion.android.locus.core.gui.dataManager.DataManager.onActivityResult(L:472)
at android.app.Activity.dispatchActivityResult(Activity.java:5390)
at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java:3201)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleSendResult(ActivityThread.java:3248)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1200(ActivityThread.java:140)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1285)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4921)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1038)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:805)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

BUILD=BOARD=smdk4210
BOOTLOADER=unknown
BRAND=samsung
CPU_ABI=armeabi-v7a
CPU_ABI2=armeabi
DEVICE=GT-I9100
DISPLAY=[ZERO]BUG ROM
FINGERPRINT=samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9100XXLSJ:user/release-keys
HARDWARE=smdk4210
HOST=SEP-111
ID=JZO54K
IS_DEBUGGABLE=true
MANUFACTURER=samsung
MODEL=GT-I9100
PRODUCT=GT-I9100
RADIO=unknown
SERIAL=unknown
TAGS=release-keys
TIME=1352135821000
TYPE=user
UNKNOWN=unknown
USER=se.infra
It did not happen before I upgraded to Jelly Bean ROM from Gingerbread. I used Locus Backup manager to migrate my settings only, the data stayed the same on external sd card. Is anything migrated in wrong way or this error does not have to do anything with that?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

Hello Mek,
  other operations with points works correctly for you? Problem is simply in putting new point into database. So it may happen mainly in cases you have generally some problems with space on card, database corruption etc. Is some other problems happen to you? And also is this happening only when you add new point directly in category? Because this should then happen also with every operation with points ... weird
  •  

Mek

Well, most of the time it works now but yesterday it didn't. I didn't test other operations at that time (like deleting points etc)... so it must have been some random stuff. Or perhaps a hidden bug in that custom ROM, who knows... So no bug in Locus, to be more precise. That's what I needed to know :)
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

hmm "no bug" ... it's a question. I think that even if there is problem with SD card, or whatever, good app should withstand this only with some notification about problem etc. Not with these crash errors that Locus sometimes have. Anyway let me know if there will be still this problem. Don't have idea what to do with it now except testing your SD card or restoring previous data, but maybe we find something :)
  •  

jusc

With 4.0.4 you have Locus (with apps2sd) at /sdcard/external_sd/Locus. With 4.1.2 it is/storage/extSdCard/Locus. Maybe the problem is here?
Regards J.
  •  

Mek

Quote from: "jusc"With 4.0.4 you have Locus (with apps2sd) at /sdcard/external_sd/Locus. With 4.1.2 it is/storage/extSdCard/Locus. Maybe the problem is here?
Yes, I noticed the change of paths as well. But if that was the problem, it wouldn't work at all, right? But it works correctly for more than a week so... looks like the problem fixed itself? :D

edit:
Oh, well, just now it happened again. After inserting a new point into a category - crash. But then, I saw the point was inserted properly (it was not checked to show on map intially) and everything was working okay. So I checked it (the other points were already checked), gone from points screen back to map and then exited Locus. After starting Locus again, all points from that category were unchecked (points from other categories were left intact).

edit 2:
Now I was adding two points using coordinates - the same steps for both. First point was inserted OK, second crashed. Then I renamed the point and it was renamed OK, however, checkboxes of other points got lost. I got up (to list of categories), where I saw 1/49 - that was the number of "checked" points under my category. I entered the category again, chose Select all which checked the checkboxes of all points. Then I got up to list of categories again and there I saw 1/49 - expected 49/49. After opening the category, only the one (freshly added) point was checked.
  •  

krzysiekz

I can't start any version of locus since 2.8.1. Any later version brings this error. I tried reinstalling locus pro, but this didnt solved problem.

Im using cyanogen mod 7.2 stable.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  I'm sorry that this happen to you. It's a rare issue with database system that should never happen. But it happen usually because of Task killer applications or errors with communication of SD card. I wrote about it here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... d_database. Solutions are at bottom, but common solution is restoring previous backup. If you'll have more problems with this, write me and I'll try to improve description on dokuwiki
  •