Main Menu

[TRANSLATION]

Started by Menion, February 21, 2011, 10:24:02

druki

Hallo ponzelar,
Was meinst Du?
- Locus besitzt bereits deutsche Übetsetzungen. Bitte prüfe Deine Einstellungen unter Einstellungen->Allgemein (Sprache)
- Diesen Threat? Bitte nutze Google Translator ;-)
Gruß, Druki
  •  

fredf

I see this thread has kind of trailed off.
Are you still in need of english translation?
  •  

Menion

Hello fredf,
  thank you for nice offer. With English is one big problem. As you for sure discovered, English is not my native language, but I'm using it in Locus as a primary, so other people may translate from English to other languages. And here is a problem. Crowdin web service, that we use for translation, do not allow to change any text in English translation without need to translate all other languages again. This mean that when I change one work in any English sentence, all (around 18 languages) have to translate this sentence again even if meaning remain same.

So I always welcome some corrections and if there are really bad issues, I'll gladly fix it. Anyway is needed to write me this here or by PM or by email, and I'll fix it by myself directly in application. But problem remain same, so really small problems, like missing dots etc, just leave be, because I don't want to disturb all people that helps with translations, to work again on same sentences ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fredf

I understand what a pain minor corrections would be. I definitely don´t want to create more work for you as you obviously already spend a huge amount of time improving Locus and communicating with users.

Could I be of use if you were to send me pages to correct before you submit them to more permanent references such as a wiki or KB? I could do a quick survey of the text, return it to you and then you could do with it what you want. I am thinkiing of not only grammer issues (by the way your English is very good) but also of ways to present material to novices, like me, that you might not notice since you are so familiar with Locus.

Don´t worry if you don´t see a place for me at this time. I am willing to help but I won´t feel hurt if I don´t. I am just glad to have found Locus as it is truly impressive and getting better by the day.

Fred
  •  

Menion

fredf, if you really want to help with any translation, and I really appreciate it, I may send you file with English texts that are directly in Locus and you may check and fix worst grammar problems. I'll then choose some/all of them and fix them in Locus also.

About translation of wiki etc. I really do not want bother with this anyone. Main purpose is to provide some manual and I don't care too much if it's correct or not. Wiki is here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php so I hope, that if people they'll read it, find any crazy mistakes, they'll just fix it if they'll want. It's wiki, so everyone may edit it if wants. That's all ...
  •  

fredf

Menion;
   That sounds good to me; I'd love to help. Be aware that I am ignorant with coding issues so you will have to send me simple file formats. What I want to do is just improve the infrequent grammatical errors that are occasionaly confusing.
   What about the Knowledge Base info also? I think it is a critical feature of Locus since the app itself is quite complex and I suspect most users have to turn to it more than a few times. The better the reference base you have the fewer questions you will have to answer.
Fred
  •  

LeiLar

I'm interested in helping out with the Swedish translation. My Crowdin id is LeiLar.
  •  

LeiLar

How do I become a member of the Swedish translation team?
  •  

Menion

Hello LeiLar,
  sorry for a late response. Not much gentle. Anyway Swedish translation group is here http://crowdin.net/group/menion/Locus+% ... tion+group and is open to anyone who wants to contribute. Thanks you!!
  •  

LeiLar

I'll be away for a week now but will start translating Locus when I get back.  :)
  •  

barralex

Hi guys! As a translator I want to recommend to everybody an online tool that helps a lot in translating apps or themes, so developers should also be very happy. It's https://poeditor.com/, it offers an online work space where translators can work collaboratively with up to 200 languages. Enjoy!
  •  

ta-ka

Hello.
I would like to contribute to translation into Japanese.
Would you send me a invitation for crowdin?
My login name on crowdin is "ta-ka".
Thanks in advance.
  •  

Menion

Good day ta-ka, I'm always smiling (in good) when someone thanks for ability to translate. It's me who thanks You for offer.

Anyway as I'm checking, all languages should be freely accessible, so you may try if you'll be able to access Japanese here http://crowdin.net/project/menion/ja
  •  

ta-ka

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I've already created "strings.xml" in my PC and want to upload it by crowdin-cli command following the instruction found at "http://crowdin.net/page/cli-tool". Could you tell me where can I find the "project_identifier" for Locus? I could find only my "api_key".

Here is "crowdin.yaml" which I've prepared as a configuration file.
------------------------------
project_identifier: Locus
api_key: +++I've wrote my api_key+++
base_path: /home/ta-ka/work_crowdin

files:
  -
    source: '/res/values-ja/strings.xml'
    translation: '/res/values-%android_code%/%original_file_name%'
------------------------------
With this config, "crowdin-cli download" command gives an error message
"error: 1: Requested project does not exist".
  •  

gynta

btw
The Filter "Missing translation" has no effect, in some cases. (eg. s. screenshot)

So i try to translate again - with the same words - this will help.