1) Do I need to enable service and why.
2) Periodic Update sends periodic sms (only if service is enabled)?
3) Pull versus OK, what happens
4) How do I get that program to send the sms?
Ok. I really should start to write an user manual for this.
But anyhow, here is small guide to use it.
1) Enable service must be on. This way the will register itself as a service and stay alive. Also when the service is enabled the application can receive incoming SMS, otherwise it cannot catch any SMS.
2) Periodic update is used to get SMS update from gps device without user interaction. In case of Leadtek when periodic update is used it will send "where" to gps transmitter at defined intervals.
3) Pull will send query sms, eg "where" to device, OK normally does nothing.
But the execptions for OK button are:
Service enabled and received gps locations in memory
-> Locus start and show gps locations in locus
And if you have locus running:
ok -> show received gps locations in locus
ok -> remove received gps locations in locus
4) - Create Leadtek device in settings.
- Enable service
- Press Pull
- Wait for incoming gps location from leadtek
- press OK
There is also one setting in preferences, Auto Send, if this is enabled. When locus is running the app will automatically show any incoming GPS Location in Locus.edit
So is the leadtek protocol working?