[APP] - version 2.7.X

Started by Menion, October 26, 2012, 16:26:35

Henk van der Spek

Ok, forget it. I need new glasses. It is a kml file that contains points and a track and Locus does a simultanious import for the points and the track and for both you can choose the category where it should be imported.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Oki, no problem. Just if you'll have any troubles with import, best is to provide some sample file I may use for testing
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fenster

Hello menion,
just now I updated to Locus Pro 2.7.2.
The time for starting Locus has improved a lot and take in my situation only less than one second.
(I use about 40.000 points, a lot of own and vector Maps).
Unfortunately I am not able to give more feedback because I use Locus only for walking around different areas.
Also the work with tracks are fine for me.
  •  

Menion

fine, good news are always welcome :) thanks
  •  

joeloc

2.7.2.7 behaves strange with a point database of mountain huts and my map called MIX200-EuropaSüd (huge 1.8GB 1:200k rmap of europe, max zoom level is 12). The huts are visible nicely at 10|100%, 11|100% and 12|100% but DISAPPEAR on anything closer than 12|130%.  They also disappear randomly at 12|100% when simply scrolling through the map.

Can also reproduce that problem with another big RMAP (3.8GB 1:50.000 EasternAlpsComplete). Points disappear randomly when scrolling or zooming.

Problem doesnt seem to happen on mapsforge vector maps.
  •  

joeloc

I've also had 2.7.2.7 crash randomly twice now while simply running in background recording tracks. That has never happened before. Crashlogs sent by email.
  •  

Menion

hmm I'm testing it on some RMAPs from you (with imported points from your email) and on no problem in any case. So, you may try to record for me a log, if there will be any problem or create for me just some small RMAP map, which have same problem and send me it for testing.
  •  

joeloc

I fail to reproduce it with smaller maps atm. But didnt I send you MIX200-EuropeSouth.rmap already at one point? Anyway, I am emailing two videos showing the problem. Will see if I can make a logcat thingy as well.

The random crashes were unrelated to the waypoint problem.
  •  

Menion

I was checking maps from you as a first thing, but I have only "MIX200-EuropeSouth-10.rmap" and it's just some small map (26MB) that also do not cause this problems.

Hmm there have to be some problem with transformation of coordinates for such huge map and then checking if points are visible or not.

Log with crashing during a record contain some weird error, that Locus want to notify about GPS state (by sound) and cannot. There were no reason for this, so I at least added some protection against crash of whole app
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: "menion"Log with crashing during a record contain some weird error, that Locus want to notify about GPS state (by sound) and cannot. There were no reason for this, so I at least added some protection against crash of whole app

I changed mobile phones and ROMs inbetween and restored a Locus backup, so maybe that crash is related to a configured sound file not being found anymore.
  •  

Menion

hmm yes, this is possible. Good point, thanks fixed
  •  

joeloc

how about a new testing version? and do you still want logs then for those disappearing points? i doubt they'd show calculation result problems.
  •  

berkley

Is it just me, or is the information during track recording in notification bar not updating?
-> 2.7.3 pro and free, 4", 7" and 10" devices all on CM10
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

as I'm testing it, it works as usually. Updated notification once per minute! I was testing it quite a lot (in times of Android 2.X) and discovered that refreshing of notification use abnormal amount of CPU, that's why it was always just once per minute
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "joeloc"how about a new testing version? and do you still want logs then for those disappearing points? i doubt they'd show calculation result problems.

Stephan, is in last version still problem with crashed during recording? Hope not. About missing points - I'm worried that there will be problem in map projection + size of the map. And it will be really hard to fix it without map itself. Is there any way to get any map that cause there troubles? One idea ... please if it's not a problem, try to create map in same width (+- longitude) but just very thin (small +- latitude). It should cause same problem
  •