Create 1km Grid Line Overlay

Started by TSellers, September 16, 2012, 06:23:27

TSellers

I've been trying to figure out if I can overlay dynamic grid lines onto my screen?

Regards, J
  •  

Menion

Hi,
 nothing like this is currently possible in Locus. Anyway if you want to know, what is around you in which distance, I really suggest to check "Distance rings" http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ap_objects that offer probably something similar you need

about some visible grid - I wasn't thinking about it, but I'm sure that it may be useful, but everyone should want something different. Someone want higher density, someone want grid by coordinates and not distance etc. So bunch of various settings etc. So I want to say, that no such feature is currently implemented and nothing like this is planned. If you really feel it should be useful and people should use it, give this idea on GetSatisfaction and mainly votes from other people will decide about result
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

TSellers

Thanks for the reply.

I played with the settings and I got the impression that the distance rings only worked for your actual current location? Can I make them work offline from the cursor position? For example when I am planning a trip? At the moment when I load the map for the trip I am planning it tells me I'm 49567 meters (my actual distance from my house to that location) from a given waypoint for example.
  •  

Menion

hmm yes that's correct. It works only around your current GPS location. And bottom scale bar (when you tap on it twice, it will grow to full length) is not enough to some measurements? Btw. if you just need to measure distance between some locations, you may use "Add new route & measure" feature, that may be helpful in this case
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •