Offline Navigation Tutorial !!

Started by ketani, August 25, 2012, 09:52:25

tommi

Quote from: "PeterPablo"Make sure your phone is not in silent mode...
as written in 12)
  •  

tommi

@ketani: You didn't tell us if navigation is now working for you or if you got TTS working.
In latest Locus version 2.6.2 you find a new feature which allows to try TTS standalone - independent of all the navigation stuff.
Please check the tutorial for navigation (which was written on your request!):
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/commun ... tion_start
At the end there is a paragraph starting with "A simple check that TTS is working".
  •  

locuscycling

Quote from: "tommi"1) Make the track visible on the map: Go to Locus menu->Data->Tracks:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz0n1lbpnmmi9 ... .47.05.png
2) Tap on "Navigation":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2ph2ubbryegq ... .47.11.png

I don't know what i make wrong but  point 2 (Tap on Navigation)is  impossible to break for me. Maybe it's work only with Online maps ?

I can not see NAVIGATION options. I have something like this.

Anotoher more important question.

Is it posiible to create and calculate route ''VIA''. ?

What I  mean: Tap Navigate , create few points and destination place on the map, then  Locus (through internet )will  calculate the route.

Then I reconnect internet connection but still have a Route , can generate Atittude profile etc. ( Navigation turn by turn is not necesary). I have read that something like this is possible ( but without points ''VIA'').

Of course we can create a Route-Track in Locus  points by points ,step by step then we see distances,elevations....
 But it takes some time ( we have to ,,tap'' a lot of points) to have exactly Track.  

It is better (  we will safe some time ) to ,,Tap few Via points''   then generete (by Internet) route ,see what ahead ( distance ,elevation profile ,ascent,descent) then we can reconnect  internet but is it possible?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "locuscycling"
Quote from: "tommi"1) Make the track visible on the map: Go to Locus menu->Data->Tracks:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz0n1lbpnmmi9 ... .47.05.png
2) Tap on "Navigation":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2ph2ubbryegq ... .47.11.png

I don't know what i make wrong but  point 2 (Tap on Navigation)is  impossible to break for me. Maybe it's work only with Online maps ?

I can not see NAVIGATION options. I have something like this....
Seems you haven't got the category with navigation tracks.
In latest versions of Locus you have the choice to define your own categories for your tracks, select the category you used to store your navigation route.

Quote from: "locuscycling"Anotoher more important question.

Is it posiible to create and calculate route ''VIA''. ?

What I  mean: Tap Navigate , create few points and destination place on the map, then  Locus (through internet )will  calculate the route.

Then I reconnect internet connection but still have a Route , can generate Atittude profile etc. ( Navigation turn by turn is not necesary). I have read that something like this is possible ( but without points ''VIA'').

Of course we can create a Route-Track in Locus  points by points ,step by step then we see distances,elevations....
 But it takes some time ( we have to ,,tap'' a lot of points) to have exactly Track.  

It is better (  we will safe some time ) to ,,Tap few Via points''   then generete (by Internet) route ,see what ahead ( distance ,elevation profile ,ascent,descent) then we can reconnect  internet but is it possible?
Yes, I think I know what you mean and yes it's possible.
Maybe the whole process gets a bit easier for you if you follow these tutorials:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/commun ... e_creation
If you want to use your route for actual navigation:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/commun ... tion_start

Once you created and saved your route, walk through
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:track_dialog?s[]=altitude
and you'll see at the end the option to "fill altitude".

Does this help?
  •  

locuscycling

Quote from: "tommi"Seems you haven't got the category with navigation tracks.
In latest versions of Locus you have the choice to define your own categories for your tracks, select the category you used to store your navigation route.

Thanks for your response ''tommi''.

I have version 2.8.5 Locus, version pro.

Still i can not achieve that screen from your post ( point 2).

I go through seetings and tools but can not find anything that make this work. I don't know maybe i deleted something???

After read links you before send, I tried some tricks with navigation for ex. I know how to merge few routes( to make one from few routes).

Situation.
Internet is working . I tap navigation , create start and end point ,then i have route with navigation,meanwhile i import attitudes OFFLINE from SRTM ( I have downloaded about all Europe) .
Then i stop navigation save route and create second route in this same method. Then another one...
Then i reconnect internet, merge route and have one big route with all details Charts, attitude etc. ( This what i want thinking about route ''via points'').

Off course navigation OFFLINE would be better ( for ex. becouse of cost roaming) but still this metod is probobly quicker then created Track points by points.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "locuscycling"Thanks for your response ''tommi''.

I have version 2.8.5 Locus, version pro.

Still i can not achieve that screen from your post ( point 2).

I go through seetings and tools but can not find anything that make this work. I don't know maybe i deleted something???
I just checked it with Locus Pro 2.8.7 and the screen still looks like that, of course the list of categories depends on what categories you created/used before. Anyway you find your track in the category you used when saving it, it can have any name and symbol.

Quote from: "locuscycling"After read links you before send, I tried some tricks with navigation for ex. I know how to merge few routes( to make one from few routes).
Tricks?
Quote from: "locuscycling"Then i reconnect internet, merge route and have one big route with all details Charts, attitude etc. ( This what i want thinking about route ''via points'').
This final reconnect to internet shouldn't be necessary. Or does merge route require it?

Quote from: "locuscycling"Off course navigation OFFLINE would be better ( for ex. becouse of cost roaming) but still this metod is probobly quicker then created Track points by points.
Please differentiate: The navigation itself works without internet. Only for route calculation and recalculation (in case you didn't switch it off).

But to me it anyway sounds that you achieved what you were looking for, right?
  •  

locuscycling

Quote from: "tommi"This final reconnect to internet shouldn't be necessary. Or does merge route require it?

I think it doesn't matter , but i want to be sure that internet is not working.
 I am living near Czech Republic and don't want to pay for internet abroad. Few years ago my brother downloaded ( he didn't know of course) some maps during navigation in Tenerifa ( 70 km) and the bill was something like 250 euro for this.

Quote from: "tommi"Please differentiate: The navigation itself works without internet. Only for route calculation and recalculation (in case you didn't switch it off).

Yes i know i have turn off recalculation.

About my last problems  ( with points 2) it seems that it works now.

See screen

Nawiguj means -navigate .

or

Only what i have to read is topic about sound ( i downloaded sound ''Kasia''), but it is not important, ,,on road'' i use Igo 8 or Automapa. And OFFROAD i don't need any sound.

Last thing maybe  you can help me. If not i will place this on wishlist.

If i ,,tap''  display during trip  i get information about point ( attitude) see my screens - in that case 331m ( i have before downloaded about 1gb SRTM files-Europe and more) .
It would be nice to see not only attitude but also distance to this point. Maybe it is possible to have this using settings but i can not find

I mean -not created point (i know it is possible) , just wanted to ,,Tap'' and see attitude and distance to some points.

It is very usefull  for ex. when you are  very tired ( to tired to created points)and wanted to see how long you have to climb.

I had this situation today during my 20 km long Ski Tour route. Last climb  from Czech Republik to Polish boarder near Labska Bouda was not so steep but i completelly didn't have energy. Today i used TwoNav becouse this was WinCe unit, i ''taped'' points near polish boarder and see distance 1,7 km and attitude 1406m. I  was sure that it is not far to ,,downhill''.
  •  

tommi

Nice to read that it works for you!

Regarding the requested distance information for track points. There is a setting for this but you disabled the display of this useful information:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ap_objects : Remove the tick from "Disable extra track labels"
  •  

locuscycling

I have this TICK removed . When i have a ''Track'' on map i can see like this  photo

or

But when all tracks are closed , when i Tap a display i get only attitude.  

And wanted to see not only attitude but also distance to the ,,Point'' which is not compared with a track. ( Just a point on the map )

Like this screen below. All track are closed, i tap a screen and see attitude of taped point and distance to this point( from actual  GPS position or from where cursor is placed in case NO GPS -FIX)
  •  

tommi

Ah, so you'd like to see the line of sight distance between current map center or current GPS position to the tapped point. I think this is not possible in Locus. In Locus, I think, you can only have the distance between a point and the map center (by e.g. activated guiding to this point).

You may like to propose this new idea on getsatisfaction.
  •