Enhancement in Bluetooth GPS support

Started by clovis, February 11, 2011, 04:30:57

clovis

I understood most Android users just use their mobile build-in GPS.

However, many new Android users are come from WM and I believe many of them still using BT GPS due to advantages in accuracy/tracklog/battery/etc.
There are many methods we can enable a BT GPS in Android but only two map apps integrate this support in their SW.  Locus is one of them.

However, it's inconvinent that none of them can show whether the BT GPS has successfully lock the satellite just as the old SW I used in WM.....

I wish this support can be added to let this software the best & unique.
  •  

albundy9999

•  

sterline

How do I connect my bluetooth to a new phone? Previously I had my bluetooth connected to my blackberry, but I had to send the blackberry in to get it replaced. Now when I search for devices on my new blackberry it does not recognize the bluetooth. And it wont let me connect. Do I need to reset it or something?

berkley

Quote from: "sterline"How do I connect my bluetooth to a new phone? Previously I had my bluetooth connected to my blackberry, but I had to send the blackberry in to get it replaced. Now when I search for devices on my new blackberry it does not recognize the bluetooth. And it wont let me connect. Do I need to reset it or something?

Ehmmm, I guess you're definatly in the wrong forum.  :ugeek:
First of all it is about the app Locus, and the second bigger point: this app runs on android phones.  :o

I think nobody can help you here... Sorry for that!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

I use bluetooth gps provider, because it comes with a handy widget to turn the service on. And it also supports DGPS...
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_appl ... av=related

But I am also very happy about the built in solution from Locus. To be sure, that GPS is fixed, you can tap on the title bar and choose the GPS info view. So you always see your accuracy, your altitude and your speed.

Have fun :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •