[APP] - version 2.5.X

Started by Menion, June 29, 2012, 09:19:51

Menion

Quote from: "gynta"*knock*
any news?
you forgot to answer me - of course  :roll:

thanks for report Gynta, as usually. Seems like crash issue is some problem with google library. They released new version few weeks ago, so I'll update this lib in locus and we'll see. Hope there will not be more troubles then usage. I don't like these updates ... :)

EDIT: and guys, problems with auto-loading are discuss just on GetSatisfcation but should be fixed now. So wait please till next version 2.5.2 that will come probably at start of next week ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Menion"
Quote from: "gynta"another old crashbug appears again:
- live tracking function - with empty addreslist in landscape mode - show a startbutton -> be careful   :|
when you tap on start, it should write that "address is invalid"
bug is also present in v2.5.1.9 (btw v2.5.1.8 in Locus-About).
no longer works with BlueStacks - not a (Locus) problem but it's a pity.
new nice looking fade in/out - for the panels.
live tracking: meters are not stored when is set at the first time (creating a new account and start).
live tracking: meters "10,0" not need -> "10" should be ok.
also in the systemstatusdisplay (eg: Live tracking (40|10,0|0/0).
track record panel is cleaned up now. good
if u need some logs or videoclips - let me know.

Menion

- no matter what I do, "Start" button with empty "Base URL" not work ...
- why now not work with bluestacks?
- live tracking: 10.0 fixed, it was an error that also caused problems with saving. I'm also worried that stored Live-tracking data aren't backward compatible, so they'll probably not load in older Pro version, sorry ...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"- no matter what I do, "Start" button with empty "Base URL" not work ...
maybe there is a "NULL" string - there is no entry in the service list -> no "empty" string to compare.
edit:  not the URLstring is empty - You can start if there is no service created!
Quote from: "menion"- why now not work with bluestacks?
FC without any message - will check with Virtualbox today.
Quote from: "menion"- stored Live-tracking data aren't backward compatible..
no problem.

Menion

oki, I'll check it more carefully.

about backward compatibility - I use on some places (like here) one stupid system that I created and thanks to this, new changes are more complicated and usually leads to backward incompatibility. Anyway I just rewrote it so since next version will be no problem to add new features into this live-tracking and also keep it working also on older versions.
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"Anyway I just rewrote it so since next version will be no problem to add new features into this live-tracking and also keep it working also on older versions.
About live-tracking... would it be possible to auto start it when opening Locus? (same goes for track-logging I guess) ?

-peter
  •  

Menion

everything is possible, question is how to simply create ... I mean how to integrate such feature into current GUI. For this, there should be best, when you tap on back button on main screen and live tracking will be active, there should be dialog as is for example for navigation ... "Close? Yes/No/Minimize and small checkbox below with "Auto-start next time". What you mean? Problem should be only when you have running more services like POI alert, Parking and Live tracking, then how to make such dialog clear and simple ... :) but as I wrote everything is possible ...
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"everything is possible, question is how to simply create ... I mean how to integrate such feature into current GUI. For this, there should be best, when you tap on back button on main screen and live tracking will be active, there should be dialog as is for example for navigation ... "Close?
I was thinking maybe a checkbox in the settings for the live tracking (together with the parameters) to switch on auto-start. If Locus starts it just needs to check if one of the live-tracking settings has auto-start enabled. But maybe that is a problem if it can be enabled for more than one.

-peter
  •  

gynta

hmm
Live tracking autostart?
How many people would use this feature?
If it's not a lot of work - do it.
Otherwise it's an "idea" -> satisfaction

Menion

how many people? not much probably. It's a work I think on two hours. I think anyway that you must say. You may durian place it on GetSatisfaction but I'll little bit worried that such issue will be soon lost between others. But at least we should discuss it there :)
  •  

dsz

LocusPro of version 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 incorrectly displays the track line on the offline maps for TrekBuddy (Compass)
It moved south about 7 km. :!:  
GPS location is shown correctly.

On other maps (SHOCart, vector), everything works fine.

In version 2.5.1 - everything is OK also for TrekBuddy maps.

LG P970 Swift Black, Android 2.2.2
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  just today I already fixed this here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ctive_rmap . Sorry for that and second sorry because you have to wait till next version
  •  

powermik

Hi!

just updated my version and had some issue with livetracking

Quotelive tracking:

- added ability to define min. distance

It seems that Min. distance 0 is invalid. I would like to send my position every x seconds regardless if i have moved or not. Could you please rewrite that feature so that "zero distance - if not zero time" and the other way round is possible?

Also it would be nice as the other postings already state if one could start recording and livetracking on program start, your idea with the exit screen question sounds not so bad for the UI for this

keep up the good work!

Michael
  •  

Menion

Hi Michael,
  zero distance now possible, so fixed. About auto-start, it's not on five minutes and I still have so much important things to do now :) But I count with it ..
  •  

powermik

thanks for the fix!
  •