[APP] - version 2.5.X

Started by Menion, June 29, 2012, 09:19:51

nIgel

New version has solved my problems.
RMAPS are working, CPU usage is down to 10% if only map is shown and not moved.
Thanks!
  •  

Menion

you're welcome. Only what's weird for me is that 10%. If you disable GPS and not using any active processes (live tracking, parking ...), there should be really 0% usage because I'm trying to sleep everything when there is no activity
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"you're welcome. Only what's weird for me is that 10%. If you disable GPS and not using any active processes (live tracking, parking ...), there should be really 0% usage because I'm trying to sleep everything when there is no activity
It may be Locus or another app respectively process which causes the CPU load.
I use the app CPU memory monitor for such kind of investigation.
  •  

nIgel

Quote from: "menion"you're welcome. Only what's weird for me is that 10%. If you disable GPS and not using any active processes (live tracking, parking ...), there should be really 0% usage because I'm trying to sleep everything when there is no activity

Don't worry, that seems to be my error. I tested it with Locus searching for satellites. With Satfix and indoor it shows different values:
CPU between 3% and 100%, depending whether the map has to move or not (big RMAP [1,3GB]).
With GPS off and Mapscreen it goes down to 3% or 4% almost the same as without Locus started. That could be the CPUload of CoolTool and Tasker or the SE BackgroundLightManagement, which are running background. I use CoolTool which measures the whole systemload but does not differentiate between the processes.
  •  

Menion

ah perfect. When you discover some strange CPU usage, let me immediately know. There should not be any such usage .. Locus should just silently lay when not actively usage. Battery efficiency is my priority :) (except previous version :D )
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"There should not be any such usage .. Locus should just silently lay when not actively usage. Battery efficiency is my priority :) (except previous version :D )

I think the 10% is the CPU load of the whole system and this is a very good value (with and without Locus).

Besides that: I tested Locus today on a 5 hours MTB trip: all perfect now :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

SGTab
Locus Pro v2.5.0 and Test v2.5.0.2
Locus Pro v2.5.1 and Test v2.5.1.5

SGS2
Locus Pro v2.5.1 and Test v2.5.1.5

Menu / Locus / About - flip from portrait to landscape  -> Locus crashed

tommi

SGS3
Locus Pro v2.5.1
Menu / Locus / About - flip from portrait to landscape ->  Locus doesn't crash!
Doesn't seem to be a general issue.
  •  

gynta

another old crashbug appears again:
- live tracking function - with empty addreslist in landscape mode - show a startbutton -> be careful   :|

Menion

Gynta, may you please send me some logcat? Because no matter what I do, no crash ...

live tracking:
 - when you tap on start, it should write that "address is invalid"
 - added ability to define min. distance
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"gynta, may you please send me some logcat?
-> dropbox ..locus_devusersgyntabugreports_open4menion

Quote from: "menion"live tracking: when you tap on start, it should write that "address is invalid"
should.. 8-)
Quote from: "menion"- added ability to define min. distance
nice, thx

gynta

*knock*
any news?
you forgot to answer me - of course  :roll:

Robin99

Could you check automatic loading map feature? I think it doesn't work in version 2.5.1.
I have two maps placed next to each other, and when I shift one of them to another, the another doesn't show.
Of course I have automatic map loading option on.
Thanks.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "Robin99"Could you check automatic loading map feature? I think it doesn't work in version 2.5.1.
I have two maps placed next to each other, and when I shift one of them to another, the another doesn't show.
Of course I have automatic map loading option on.
Thanks.

This never worked for me: Outdooractive maps for Germany and Austria do not switch to the other when I come to the other country.

Only if I have several maps of the same region with different zoom factors each.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Robin99

I remember now what I've changed. I've moved this two maps to another directory. But this directory is visible in Personal tab in Maps Manager.
  •