Nice, 'you like it.

But the test(!)service runs since 2013.
Further development was stopped years ago. sorry

btw.
In guestmode you can set max. visble trackpoints

•  
    The following users thanked this post: antiplex

antiplex

Quote from: gynta on May 19, 2017, 17:22:04[...]runs since 2013. Further development was stopped years ago. sorry

btw. In guestmode you can set max. visble trackpoints[...]

I see... guess i'm a little too late then  ;)
And am I assuming correctly that there are currently no plans to release the sources (like via github etc.) for folks interesting in hosting some clone on their own server and maybe modify / add functionality?

Regarding your hint with the max. visible trackpoints in guestmode: you are referring to the manual setting via drop-down-list within the guest-mode that allows the alter the default value of 300 visible trackpoints, right?
Just for clarification: above, I was thinking about an individually settable default value for the guest login so guests only have to click the link and are directed to a view that e.g. shows 10 trackpoints only per default.
  •  

alf

Hello Gynta

Many thanks for c-me. It has helped me a lot.
During the last few days I have been trying c-me live tracking. Although Locus shows that the position has been sent, on the c-me web site I have always the message "Your database is empty!".
I had no problems with c-me in May.
GPSies works fine, therefore I suppose that the problem is not my phone.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards
  •  

gynta

Quote from: alf on July 26, 2017, 08:54:03
Many thanks for c-me. It has helped me a lot.
During the last few days I have been trying c-me live tracking. Although Locus shows that the position has been sent, on the c-me web site I have always the message "Your database is empty!".
I had no problems with c-me in May.
GPSies works fine, therefore I suppose that the problem is not my phone.
Any suggestions ?

Hello  alf
You're welcome!
Your nick for c-me ?
btw. there was no changes for this service - for years :)

alf

Many thanks for your fast reply, and sorry for my very late reply.
All clear, problem was on my side due to my own stupidity.
Locus was reporting that the position was sent, therefore I was not giving enough attention to Locus c-me setup.
I deleted c-me from Locus live tracking, added it again, and same problem, Locus apparently sending the position but nothing on c-me web site..
After several attempts I realized that a blank space existed in the Locus PID field before the first character of the default PID "your PID". Therefore replacing each visible character of this field by my PID was in fact letting this blank space in front of my PID, therefore invalidating it.
Thanks again and best regards
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Loigoma

terzdek

Hi,
please send me an invitation as well. Nickname 'terzdek'.
Thanks
  •  

jerxjac

@gytna:
Please provide me an ID
Nick: jerxjac
  •  

Loigoma

Quote from: alf on August 15, 2017, 12:42:37
After several attempts I realized that a blank space existed in the Locus PID field before the first character of the default PID "your PID". Therefore replacing each visible character of this field by my PID was in fact letting this blank space in front of my PID, therefore invalidating it.
Thanks again and best regards

That's it - same problem for me :)
Thanks for your hint, alf!
  •  

KRL651

Hi Gynta,

Could you please give me access to the service - I would like to test it.
nickname: KRL651

thanks
  •  

Александр Кылосов

Hi,
please send me an invitation as well. Nickname 'Ang013'.
Thanks
  •  

gynta

service was down from 20 to 22th.
now it should work again.
sorry for break.
(thx alf for your mail)

If anyone use it: WHY? :)
Please use Locus Live Tracking

alf

Hello Gynta

I am using cme as for the moment it is a far superior live tracking tool.

WHY?
1- Maps are better (can select satellite imagery, helpful in areas where the actual tracks are not mapped, but visible on the satellite imagery)
2- All the positions of the track are available and each position displays the point information. The people following the person tracked will have a better grasp of what was going on in case of problem. Locus live tracking only shows the last position. GPSies shows all the positions, but the information is only available for the last point, and no Lat Lon information is retrievable.
3- It is possible to save the track. Locus live tracking and GPSies don't provide this option. This can have many applications. In my case, I use this to map areas with poor mobile network coverage, by comparing the livetracking positions (or absence of position) to my actual track. It can also be used in case of emergency to provide this Live track to rescue teams.
4- The web interface is simple and neat, with nothing superfluous and no cosmetic niceties. The actions are giving the expected results (GPSies is sometimes an enigma).

So far I can have from cme all the information that I get from Locus live tracking, on a  better map, and with the possibility to save the track.
Therefore I am extremely happy that cme is still up and running.

Thanks again!

•  

bengt_a

Would it be possible to get an account for the Live Tracking?
Preferred username: "BlackPanther"
(Username here: bengt_a)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: bengt_a on June 01, 2019, 16:54:54
Would it be possible to get an account for the Live Tracking?
::) sure -> PM (sorry for the wrong username. i read it too late)

Tapio

Would you please provide me a login, Username "tapio"? Thx
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •