[APP] - version 2.1.X

Started by Menion, March 13, 2012, 21:56:25

druki

Hello Menion,
first about the new feature: Sorry I forgot this late at night. I like the chart with display of selected x-axis and the colored points! Thank you!

Setting altitudes offline:
I made similar expirience...
After recording the track on my way home, which was more accurate than the last days (improvement in release?!), I selected to set the altitude offline for this track. Locus crashed (just disappeared after standard crashpopup). I was able to try it a second time with offline altitude and it crashed again. Next I tried with setting altitude online: Worked. And after this, even setting offline altitude worked again.
And also a new track works with setting altitude offline now (so problem not reproduceable any more).

Time of routepoints:
The manual edited routepoint in troute has its time from last edit. I edit by selecting the routepoint in the route and click on the tools-symbol, choose "new" at the coordinates and select it from map. I can reproduce it that way. Even after setting altitudes, this times stay as they are. So in the chart I see then an altitude curve (for this one point).
My workarround for the "time-equalizing" is to set times manually (second by second) in the gpx file and reimport in Locus again. Then I get my fine altitude-chart of the created route. I'm glad I'm not having much routes to create ;-)

Greetings, Druki.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "tommi62"I have e.g. opened vector map of Bavaria at zoom level 12. Then I close Locus (press return button, confirm on exit is disabled). Then I reopen Locus and the map is opened with a different zoom level. Sometimes it is 16, sometimes 8. Seems that this is a initiliation problem. Please fix. I didn't observe this behaviour with older versions.

thanks for report, fixed now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

brotbuexe

tried to set altitude correction from geoid. It tried to download the geoid file. I had no network connection. Locus crashed.
  •  

Menion

thank you brotbuexe (and welcome on forum). Issue fixed
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"not exactly simple check but something like this. I was trying really hard. I also rooted my phone because of this to test changes LP do with my files but even if I know what he do, I cannot find correct place. weird. So this is my small fight against piracy on android ...

and last settings help on this, if this is settings before locus 2.1.0

Good morning,
Locus pro is running again :-)

But you cannot do this in this way. I (we) have bought your program and have the right to use it with all features.
I (we) have the right to install all possible programs on my smartphone, you cannot censure this.
If a user (NOT I!!) will write this on the market with a bad valuation :-(

If someone has really patched Locus you should see this "in" your program (hash...) and block it.

You should at least show a warning. I spent now many hours to find the reason why Locus pro does not longer work as full version.

Only for me:
If you test only for the assetsmenion.android.locus.pro.txt: does deleting this file help me in my case until you have found a better and correct solution?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  - as you can see I can. Anyway truth is that there have to be at least some notification. Anyway because there is more people that I expected, I'll remove it for now ... damn, so nice feature :)). Unfortunately checking *.dex file do not work. Even if from assetsmenion.android.locus.pro.txt file seems to be clear, that program change directly bytes in locus file, I wasn't successful with finding place where this happen.

- I'll in Friday release version. There is a lot of problems, not just this one funny.
  •  

Menion

Till Friday release, you may check this version. It's normal Pro, also confirmed on server so all should work correctly. If there will be more error, I'll glad for report. Hope that Friday version should stay as "perfectly working" for some time ...

changes:
fix: problems with licence at start
fix: problem with adding program link to right panel
fix: some rare crashes at startup
fix: hiding of points and tracks on map after app restart
fix: star at geocache with final wpt from add-ons
fix: wrong zoom selection for maps after start
fix: crash when loading SRTM and Geoid files without internet connection
fix: color of polygons in imported KML files

[attachment=0:1lk141of]2.1.0.3.apk[/attachment:1lk141of]
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"Till Friday release, you may check this version. It's normal Pro, also confirmed on server so all should work correctly.
fix: crash when loading SRTM and Geoid files without internet connection

[attachment=0:1w6ozaj8]2.1.0.3.apk[/attachment:1w6ozaj8]

Thank you.
I had a crash this morning starting download of geoid files WITH internet connection.

With the new version this crash has gone and Lucky Patcher is also ignored.

User ID acc406201
  •  

joeloc

The old testing version from dropbox expired.

Dropbox folder does no longer work, it appears to hang when I try to enter testing_versions folder. Is it just me?

The link to 2.1.0.3 above does not function as testing version. It only works as free version. When I try to buy locus following the android pit link, it tells me some anroid.app.menion.whatever protocol is not supported. Not good to scare potential customers with an error when they click on BUY :)

Result: i am fucked,  no longer a working locus while sitting on my bike. What to do?!
  •  

Menion

I have to create some special version for you ... :)) ... solution simply. Take Pro version from above and write me on email or PM your google account email you use as primary on android. I'll create for you some speciality
  •  

Henk van der Spek

A BIG thumbs-up for the speed gain of 2.1.1. on my MotoDefy (with Eclair 2.1).

Impressive: the Locus startup is wayt faster and the map loading of Vectormaps too! Speed had worsened since 1.16; last slow one was 2.01. Mind you, it was mainly at startup and then with Vector Maps. The zooming and the scrolling was with hickups.

Final note: installing version 2.1.1. over 2.01 and then opening the Market from within Locus, did not let me do that. Some warning like: Sorry, could not open etc. I could go back to the program. After a restart of my phone, all was fine.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

fine perfect :). Speed-up is rapid mainly when you have a lot of categories. Anyway good to hear it help. Sideeffect is that some optimizations also reduced required memory during start about cca 2MB, so it should help on some phones with common OutOfMemory error ...

about issue when install. Such issue are really out of me. If something happen since you tap on Locus icon, it's my problem but this downloading from market, purchasing on market etc. that's all on google side
  •  

Henk van der Spek

You are welcome. And I have only 5 categories and four are empty since I am still learning how to use them.
And Defy has a lot of memory, anyway happy here.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
did you install a new "dirty" lisence check?

With v.2.1.1 I had the following problems after a boot to recovery modus with CMW:
2 times  Locus pro crashed immediately after starting. I had to re-install it.
Today Locus Pro has completely disappeared from the installed apps, one hour before the recovery modus boot it was there.

I had these problems never before :-(

And all other apps are of course ok.

Edit: after a new installation from the market I have the crash again:
exception class name: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
Source file runtime.java
sorceclass java.lang.runtime
source method loadlibrary
line number 429

Edit2:
I can reproduce this after every boot to recovery mode.

After de- and reinstalling Locus Pro it is running again. Then I started it 10 times with no crash (with no unexpected close).
Then i booted to recovery and Locus did this force close again.
Instead of de-installing I did now a permsision fix with the ROM Manager 5.0.0.6 with the following changes:

Changing permissions for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro from 'rwxr-x--x' to 'rwxr-xr-x' (755)
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/cache from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/cache from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/cache/webviewCache from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/cache/webviewCache from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases/webviewCache.db from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases/webview.db from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases/webviewCache.db from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases/webview.db from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files from '10011' to '10126'
Changing permissions for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/.flurryagent.-39025ae from 'rw-------' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/.flurryagent.-39025ae from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/.flurryagent.-39025ae from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs from '10011' to '10126'
Changing user ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs/menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml from '10011' to '10126'
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs/menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml from '10011' to '10126'

Changing permissions for: /data/data/menion.android.locus from 'rwxr-x--x' to 'rwxr-xr-x' (755)
Changing permissions for: /data/data/menion.android.locus/files/.flurryagent.5f3043ef from 'rw-------' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)

After that Locus Pro could start again :-) That is much easier as a new installation.

I have now installed Locus free in addition to test this app if the pro will FC again.

User ID acc406201
  •  

pmoravec

Quote from: "tramp20"...
Changing group ownership for: /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs/menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml from '10011' to '10126'

After that Locus Pro could start again :-) That is much easier as a new installation.

I have now installed Locus free in addition to test this app if the pro will FC again.

It seems to me that the Locus UID (user ID)/GID (group ID) got somehow broken in your system.

It is a known issue which sometimes happens on Android devices (especially when working under root or being careless with recoveries). The application is assigned a new UID/GID and can't access its data directory/ some files there and crashes. As you have found, there are applications for rooted phones which offer a way how to fix this problem.

On the other hand, I can safely assume, that Locus is "in the clear" here, since to change UIDs/GIDs on files  under Linux-based system, you would need a root permission and Locus does not require that so far.
  •