Alert does not work

Started by petsen, February 28, 2012, 09:19:03

petsen

Hi

I have set up Locus for routing.
But no matter what I do it always come with 1 beep when I am 100m from a turn
Setting the distance to 500m still only gives a beep at 100 meters distance.
Also the setting "increasing beeps" or choosing a custom ringtone does not work.

Using Galaxy S2
Locus Pro 2.0.1
Open street map

Br
Mogens
  •  

Rob

problem is already known, fixed and will be solved in next release.
Check also here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ot_working
  •  

Menion

yes, I hope this is solved now. During weekend will be probably next release so tell me in case of troubles ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

petsen

Hi

The latest update did not solve this problem.
I still get one beep exacly 100m before an event, even if I set it up differently.

br
Mogens
  •  

Menion

wait, I'm looking on your first post and you write "Also the setting "increasing beeps" or choosing a custom ringtone does not work.". This mean you're trying to setup notification sounds for waypoints event if you're guiding along path. Check settings http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/settings/guiding - there is waypoints part and tracks part
  •  

petsen

Okay, I was changing parameters for aproching waypoints.

If I understand it right I have to modify the "sound notification" under tracks?

What I want it to increase the distance for sound notifications to turns when I'm making turn by turn routing with locus.
100 meters is just to short notice ahead of a turn.

My language is not supported for voice notification (danish). Any plans?

br
Mogens
  •  

Menion

for this you have to set

tracks > set next point

and under Type of sound notification enable Play sound when switching to another point

this should work. And about Voice - your mean Text-to-speach? Do not work for you? Hmm, you have enabled "Danish" in language settings or you just use "default system" value? Try to change these values under settings > localization > language. Let me know if some settings work for you ..
  •  

Rob

may I pick up this issue, because it´s also confusing to me:

What is the difference in the Sound notification settings where you can set sounds for waypoints (and tracks)  to the POI alert settings ?

The mentioned 100m sound alert seems that they come from the POI alerts and not from the waypoint settings. (Therefore no change if you change Sound notification setting of waypoint to 500m).

This is also my issue, that I do not know what the waypoint alert is set for ?

In manual it looks quite simple but in practice it´s little confusing (at least for me).
  •  

Menion

firstly POI alert is separate feature with own settings that works on ALL visible points on map at once!

All settings under menu > settings > guiding are applied only when you tap on point or track and enable Guiding

So
- if you want to be alerted on every points on map, use POI alert (settings is in dialog where you define this feature, nothing more)
- if you want to be noticed on one single point, tap on this point and enable "Guide on". For this use settings > guiding and Waypoint section
- if you want to be "navigated" along track, tap on track and enable "Guide on". For this use settings > guiding and Tracks section
  •  

Rob

Thanks menion,
I got it now !   :idea:

So, "guiding" is the key:  EITHER guide on track  OR guide on waypoint - and both independend of POI alert.

My previous request is solved than:  Alert when moving away from track but ALSO be warned if a POI comes closer - great !!

Satisfaction increased :D
  •