[APP] - version 2.0.X

Started by Menion, February 24, 2012, 10:17:53

sukmar

Quote from: "menion"Huawei is working and same problem on my phone also. Anyway all methods return useless results. So by comparing older codes I changed also one think and it reduces vector maps loading time on U8120 phone from cca 4 minutes to 20 secs. May you suggest me some application that show me processor usage (perfectly in system bar) so I can also check that all is working fine?

Anyway, may someone test this version? Thanks

[attachment=0:3qet3i5f]2.0.0.2.apk[/attachment:3qet3i5f]

Good morning,

I tried your provided 2.0.0.2 and with my smaller vector maps of bavaria only (230 MB) the rendering speed appears to be ok. Then I switched back to my germany map (1.1 GB) and the map gets rendered to a white screen. The "Loading..." disappears but it renders to a blank screen!

But perhaps you are on the right way, hopefully!

Could it have something to do with smaller devices that have slower cpu's? I especially bought such a device to use it for geocaching with the pro version of your app and offline maps - not even using a sim card. But since version 2.0.0.0 it is absolutely useless :-(

sukmar
  •  

sukmar

It's me again.

I did the following now:

I installed Titanium Backup on my 8160 and copied a backup of Locus Free 1.16 from my other device to the 8160, deinstalled all locus versions, did a reboot and restored the 1.16 on it. The strange thing is: The problem remains!!! Now even with the former working 1.16 version it is not working any longer!

Did you change / influence other components or did you changes to the map itself?

Thanks in advance,

sukmar
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "sukmar"It's me again.

Did you change / influence other components?

sukmar

I have the same suspicion:
After a reboot the processor sways between 10-15%,
after starting Locus  (with 100%) and stopping the processor sways between 15 and 25% without doing something.

In the taskmanager there is nothing to see.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

sukmar

The next update from me:

I deleted the germany map on the phone and copied the orginal from my pc to it and now with locus free 1.16 the rendering is ok! Then I downloaded the pro version from market (2.0.0.0) and installed it, but here the problem resists!!!

So now: Free 1.16 is working - Pro 2.0.0.0 is not

Hopefully the pro will not "destroy" the map again!

Let me know if I can somehow support you solving this issue!

sukmar
  •  

tramp20

I too extracted v1.16.3 pro from an oldTitanium Backup and installed it over the v2.0.0 and all is working as before (no problems with sqlitedb- and vector-maps).

So I am awaiting the next free betas to test before I upgrade my pro version.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

ufff, five hours of searching and testing ... looks like some issue on Android below 3.x (and even just some of them) ...

[attachment=0:32afax6f]2.0.0.3.apk[/attachment:32afax6f]
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"ufff, five hours of searching and testing ... looks like some issue on Android below 3.x (and even just some of them) ...

[attachment=0:28epi4bh]2.0.0.3.apk[/attachment:28epi4bh]

The 100% problem seems to be gone but this version does not load any sqlitedb- or vector maps :-(

User ID acc406201
  •  

sukmar

I replaced my working 1.16 free Version with your provided new version and it still seems to work, rendering of germany map is ok. Can you somehow provide me a fixed pro version for testing if I can prove you somehow having paid for it?
  •  

babi

Looks like it's working well. But it still doesn't remember zoom level from previous session.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "babi"Looks like it's working well. But it still doesn't remember zoom level from previous session.
You're right!

...and sometimes after a newstart i can scroll the map only a minimal distance
and, curiously, the loaded track moves normal -  but doesnt fit on the map. :geek:

(i will make a videoclip if i can reproduce this bug...)

edit:
 ahh. Locus remember the zoomlevel but dont show the map with this.
 otherwise the track works with the "old" zoomlevel. so track scrolls/moves normal.

Menion

lloks like a conspiracy against new version :)

sukmar: I hope I'll release today new version if all will works fine (Pro is same code as Free version)
babi, gynta: zoom level of vector map or every map? So you end application with zoom let's say 12, and when you start locus again, there is different value?
tramp: are you sure? Seems you're leader of this conspiracy :))
  •  

sukmar

Quote from: "tramp20"
Quote from: "menion"ufff, five hours of searching and testing ... looks like some issue on Android below 3.x (and even just some of them) ...

[attachment=0:iggp5ea4]2.0.0.3.apk[/attachment:iggp5ea4]

The 100% problem seems to be gone but this version does not load any sqlitedb- or vector maps :-(

Try a "fresh" map as I did! Perhaps it will work then?
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tramp20"

[attachment=0:1tsweaeo]2.0.0.3.apk[/attachment:1tsweaeo]

I tried the v2.0.0.3 without GPS (in house) and without a loaded track so Locus does not show the correct position on the loeded map.
This is now ok for vector and sqlitedb maps :-)

But the problem still exists that the processor runs now at 10 % higher than with locus pro v.1.16.3 and even after stopping the v2.0.0.3 the processor load is 10 % higher as before. I have to reboot the phone to get a deeper load (with the 1.16.3 all is perfect).

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"babi, gynta: ...and when you start locus again, there is different value?
sqlitedb
ending with 12 and starts with 7

edit
Locus remember the zoomlevel but dont show the map with this.
otherwise the track works with the "old" zoomlevel. so track scrolls/moves normal.

Menion

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "menion"babi, gynta: ...and when you start locus again, there is different value?
sqlitedb
ending with 12 and starts with 7

that's what I needed to know .. fixed
  •