[APP] - version 2.0.X

Started by Menion, February 24, 2012, 10:17:53

Starman

Hi Menion-
Just joined this forum. After updating Locus, I also updated the one vector map I had installed:
sdcard/Locus/mapsvector/americas/united_states/minnesota.osm.map

To troubleshoot, when I move the map to the sdcard directory so that Locus cannot see it, it gets renamed:
sdcard/minnesota.osm

Could the problem be in how the zipping and unzipping handles the double extension?

Also, the big cpu usage for me seems to be my Kaspersky Mobile Security. When I terminate it, Locus function returns to normal
(with the vector map still hidden)

Regards,
Starman
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

Menion

Hello Starman, did you know that I even created special topic about you?? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1530&p=9190 (if that was you)

Anyway about issue:
 - I was talking with berkley by icq and he had similar problem few days ago on one testing version. After phone restart, everything fine (also now)
 - no success with Huawei still, anyway I was comparing codes (current with older) and found one small difference. It will probably not solve this issue, but please, try anyone this regular free version 2.0.0.1 and let me know, thanks ...

[s:1fkzq275][attachment=0:1fkzq275]2.0.0.1.apk[/attachment:1fkzq275][/s:1fkzq275]

ah yes, and Starman, I'm not sure if I understand. May you describe issue with file ending better for me? Thanks ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Just want to add this:

I had the testing version on my phone (SGS2 on 2.3.6). The problems were gone after restart of the device.
But on my tablet (TF101 on 3.2.1) everything worked fine from the beginning!

Cheers
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

sukmar

Quote from: "menion"Hello Starman, did you know that I even created special topic about you?? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1530&p=9190 (if that was you)

Anyway about issue:
 - I was talking with berkley by icq and he had similar problem few days ago on one testing version. After phone restart, everything fine (also now)
 - no success with Huawei still, anyway I was comparing codes (current with older) and found one small difference. It will probably not solve this issue, but please, try anyone this regular free version 2.0.0.1 and let me know, thanks ...

[attachment=0:sfv9q7kn]2.0.0.1.apk[/attachment:sfv9q7kn]

Hi there! I have the same issue on my Huawei U8160 - Vector map that formerly loaded within 5 seconds now needs about 5 minutes! Tried the provided version 2.0.0.1 but the same :-(

Could you somehow provide the old version? I was absolutely happy with it!

Thanks, sukmar
  •  

Starman

Menion-
Yes, I admit it, I am the same Starman.  :P

Disregard my previous comments about the file extension. On closer examination, my Astro file browser was truncating the file extension.

I keep both Free and Pro versions on my phone so that I can harass  :P  posters for both on the Android Market, and had updated both.
I just tried Free with a vector map, and it seemed normal.

Starman
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

gynta

No problems here with free and pro (on phone and tab).
btw. waiting four weeks was hard :)

babi

Hi,
I have the same problem. Locus Pro starts more than forty seconds and doesn't remember map position and zoom from last session! Vector maps are also useless-very long loading time.
Using port of CyanogenMod 7.2, Android 2.3.7

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"After phone restart, everything fine (also now)
try anyone this regular free version 2.0.0.1 and let me know, thanks ...

Hi,
after a restart of my SM the processor is again at 100%.
With your beta 2.0.0.1 I have the 100% too (with all map types, even empty maps).

Please give us a download link to the last version.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

berkley

Tramp,

downgrading isn't a good idea, it may be possible that your databases get destroyed.

You can try this:
- just in case, something goes wrong: backup your settings in the app and backup Locus folder on your device
- uninstall Locus Free & Pro
- restart your device
- install Locus Free & Pro

Good Luck!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Huawei is working and same problem on my phone also. Anyway all methods return useless results. So by comparing older codes I changed also one think and it reduces vector maps loading time on U8120 phone from cca 4 minutes to 20 secs. May you suggest me some application that show me processor usage (perfectly in system bar) so I can also check that all is working fine?

Anyway, may someone test this version? Thanks

[s:1thtetz0]test version removed[/s:1thtetz0]
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"Anyway, may someone test this version? Thanks

[attachment=0:3rvpt70z]2.0.0.2.apk[/attachment:3rvpt70z]

Sorry, no change here.

I am using MyPhoneExplorer (free) where I can monitor over WLAN processor, signal level, battery power).

Edit:
I found these entries in logs:

----------  25.02.2012 06:20:21  ----------
TAG:TileCache
MSG:run() - while (!requests.isEmpty())
TRACE:java.lang.NullPointerException
   at menion.android.maps.a.c.run(L:370)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

----------  25.02.2012 06:20:21  ----------
TAG:TileCache
MSG:run()
TRACE:java.lang.NullPointerException
   at menion.android.maps.a.c.run(L:383)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

these error are just when you end application, anyway they're not a problem. Did you checked correct version? It's Locus FREE, not Pro version. So you'll probably see ads at top, Shop will not work and version in info screen will be 2.0.0.2. Because for me it works correctly now

EDIT: sorry, in description in app is still 2.0.0.1, but it's already 2.0.0.2 :)
  •  

tramp20

I downloaded this version 2.0.0.2.apk from your link, but the version inside in AndroidManifest.xml is 2.0.0.1 and installed is 2.0.0.1 (I deinstalled of course version from yesterday evening).
Did you make a mistake?

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"EDIT: sorry, in description in app is still 2.0.0.1, but it's already 2.0.0.2 :)

Even I start with an empty locus-directory I have the 100 %.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Starman

Menion-

I show this new Free version also as 2,0.0.1
Performs well on my HTC EVO 4G. Pan the vector map and the tiles snap right in. Change zoom and regenerates quickly.

To monitor CPU, I use "Usage Timelines Pro". A free version is available.
It places a handy 3 bar color graph in the notification bar, and if I pull open the notification page it gives a wider timeline.
  •