"Load all waypoints" -> "Load all waypoints of type X"

Started by Rev, February 21, 2012, 15:10:30

Rev

Hi there :)

It would be nice if it was possible to display only one (or maybe several) specific waypoint type(s).

Background / use case:
I maintain a list with solved mystery caches. Usually i add a final waypoint, and as soon as i go out to collect some traditionals and multis i want too display all those mystery finals as well. Sure, I can select "Load all waypoints", but the problem with that is that ALL waypoints from all caches types are displayed at once (parking, stations, temporary waypoints for projections ... and so on).
This sometimes results in a REALLY crowded map with all those waypoints and lines between them.
If i could just choose to: "Display all waypoints of type" -> Final, that would be very helpful.

Another thought:
I believe i read that it has already been fixed, that if you hide a cache from the map, also the waypoints and the "connection lines" should be hidden. Please consider to make it an option to only remove the connection lines and keep the waypoints.
One may want to:
- display all mysteries
- display all final waypoints
- hide all mysteries with finals staying on map

Last but not least:
Is it possible to change the color of the lines that connect the waypoints? For me its red, and i would love to change it to get better contrast on some maps.

I believe those changes could add some additional flexibility. Thank you for listening :)

Rev
  •  

Lugia010719d1

I second this request. I wonder how it is possible that there is no simple geocachign waypoint filtering option yet.
Loading all waypoints at once may turn the map into a huge mess. Possibility to filter which types of waypoints should be loaded (for example final waypoints, stages and question to answer only) would be very useful.
Also possibility to turn off the red lines connecting the GC icon with its waypoints would be nice. (sorry if it is already there. i just don't seem to be able to find it now :( ) - when there are lots of caches with lots of waypoints it also makes the map completely unreadable. Just try to import all multi-caches in Uherské Hradiště.

Anyway, please add the GC waypoint filtering. Its absence is probably the biggest flaw of Locus right now. Other than that it is an amazing app and I dont regret buying it. :)
  •