Wherigo and Verizon Motorola Xoom tablet

Started by nypackman, February 16, 2012, 02:26:07

nypackman

I downloaded the Where You Go app from Android Market which said "This app is compatible with your Verizon Motorola Xoom".  The WhereYouGo icon shows up on the tablet but when I try to start it i get a message "Cannot crate Root directory, SDCard probably missing.  Insert it into device and run again".  I tried downloading the app through my desk top and through AndroidZoom with the same results.  Does anyone know step by step directions for me to use to get the app and cartridges onto my Xoom?  Any help would be appreciated.
  •  

nypackman

I worked through the problem with much help from someone who I saw had completed a wherigo with a Xoom.  This is how we eventually got it working.  Hope that it is of help to anyone with a Xoom.

Originally I had made a folder called wherigo and got the "Cannot crate Root directory, SDCard probably missing. Insert it into device and run again" message.  I changed the folder to Whereyougo and the app opened but I got the "No Wherigo cartridge available.  Add cartridge file (*.gwc) into /mnt/external1/WhereYouGo/ directory and start WherYouGo again!" message.  I assumed that since it was originally looking for an SD card and that I got the message about the external1 folder that that was where it should be loaded.  I was trying to figure out how to restructure the folders to make a /mnt/external1/WhereYouGo/ directory with no luck so I was about to give up when I reread your message and noticed that you had said something about making sure that it isn't on the SD Card also.  I moved the whereyougo folder to the internal storage with the Camp_Saratoga cartridge (Pocket PC format) in the whereyougo folder.  When I push start now the cartridge actually shows up and loads.
  •