offline maps from locus

Started by peaceman, October 31, 2010, 15:13:08

peaceman

How to use  free offline maps from locus or similar map creation tool with SmartMaps?  I'd like to use any free maps with SmartMaps app.

Is it possible or have to buy official maps in?
If have to buy maps, why to buy "official" maps when wanna use only SmartMaps application?

Could you allow the app to use user-made offline maps? SmartMaps should be smarter :)
If it's about money, just build paied SmartMaps version [without any official map pack] which would be able to use unofficial maps [e.g. offline Google satellite]. I'd like to buy really smart SmartMaps app.

Just a suggestion :-)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  using another map source in SmartMaps should sound very nice, but unfortunately this is not, and this will not by possible. SmartMaps is commercial application, which is completely free for use, but maps with measure better then 1:300 000 are payed. This is how PlanStudio earn money for this product.

"If have to buy maps, why to buy "official" maps when wanna use only SmartMaps application?"
    I don't understand. If you want to use SmartMaps without payed maps, just use free maps available from 'update screen', or 'Blank map'.

"Could you allow the app to use user-made offline maps? SmartMaps should be smarter :)"
   reality is that SmartMaps is not developed as my "after-work before night hobby" ... I do this for almost whole last year as full time job payed by PlanStudio. So, there is no way to allow use any other maps then maps from PlanStudio. But about using any other online maps, this is holded by possibility to sell apps on Android market. I already created plugin to SmartMaps, than enable using online OSM maps. We wanted to sell this plugin for few dollars on market, but this is not still allowed in Czech republic. On second hand, there is always any way to do this, but people in Planstudio, seems to be ... not so interested!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •