[APP] - version 0.9.6.X

Started by Menion, January 23, 2011, 19:26:51

Menion

Hi guys,
  I just prepared new version which as usual, require testing!

23.1.2011 - Locus 0.9.6.2
  • hopefully fixed problems with login to MyMaps on android 2.1
  • added support for import GC PocketQuery packet in zip. Please try, I'm not premium member and don't have any sample zip
  • added "Navigation" item to context menu of points which lunch google navigation
  • some machination with advertisements. Actually, advertisement brings me around 3$/day. At least something. But advertisement on main map screen is really terrible. So what you think about adding it on screen with map choose and screen with data managing and without possibility to disable? Will you be angry? :) (It's just a little research)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

twist3r

I won't be angry. Your application is one of the best application for Android and I think it deserve some ads in those areas. Great job!
  •  

spawny

If you release a final version 1.0 with most bugs removed, then it would be okay to have a free version with ads and a version free off ads that one can buy. In general I wouldn't like ads in a program I use often. So remove the ads and add some extra features in a paid version and everyone will be happy I guess ;)
  •  

jctmarques

Navigation is working well.. awesome feature...
Import of zip pocket querys worked great.
I wouldn't mind ads in some screens.

New suggestion: I have ndrive installed. Is it possible that navigation feature can invoke Ndrive instead of Google Navigation? Preferably with the user choosing which is preferable.  (NDrive, copilot, Aura, or other)

Thanks a lot for the great work.
  •  

Menion

i'm glad all works fine.

about navigation. I was searching a little and it seems then at least NDrive do not have any possibility to start navigation with external source. If you know about something, or have any other program that do what you want let me know. This should be nice feature but ...
  •  

vibowit

I know that iGO let you start it from external source. It would be nice if I could initiate it from Locus POI.
Now I use a workaround:
I share my POI saving the link in springpad or something. Then I open the link, and choose iGO navigation from list.

regards,
v.
  •  

Menion

iGO allow this? Do you have any link on some info? If this is possible by iGo, I can of course add it into locus
  •  

vibowit

Quote from: "menion"iGO allow this? Do you have any link on some info? If this is possible by iGo, I can of course add it into locus
Sorry, but I don't have any link.

When I have address info added to contact and when I click this contact icon I see context menu with iGO.

Also from Locus through share option I can save link (for example: http://mapof.it/h/u26gpz1k8jfk ) in some notepad. Then, when I click on it I can select to open it in:
- Internet (browser)
- Locus Pro
- Maps
and
- iGO!
When I select iGO it sets as my destination, and it directs me to that point.

I hope you can deduct something from this explanation. ;-)
  •  

shuyinxiao

Quote from: "menion"iGO allow this? Do you have any link on some info? If this is possible by iGo, I can of course add it into locus
agree witn