GSAK database

Started by Kuratkoo, December 15, 2011, 20:50:52

Menion

sorry guys, problem found and solved. New release will be today or in worst case tomorrow ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

DougPeterson

I saw the market update and downloaded 2.0.1.  The fix works for me.  Thank you very much.
  •  

Menion

perfect, you're welcome
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Robert Hirst

Now that we are back up and running there are two essential features that I think need to be added to make this a great geocaching app.

User Notes I add user notes in GSAK for all sorts of reasons. For example we are travelling abroad in a few days and I have put an English translation of the owners Spanish notes in the User Notes field. Alas I cannot see these imported into Locus.

TrackablesIt is nice to know if there are any travel bugs or coins in a cache so that we can make a point of looking for them and moving them on. There is a 'TR' count (always zero) on the summary listing but nothing appears in the cache detail listing. For a start it would just be nice to see them listed. Logging activity can come later.

Fingers crossed that my wishes will be answered. Keep up the good work.
  •  

nIgel

Since Kuratkoo seems to be disappeared and is not answering emails I would like to ask, if somebody with programming skills would adopt this useful addon.
Kuratkoo made the sourcecode available at //https://github.com/Kuratkoo/LocusAddonGsakDatabase with a generous licence:
QuoteDO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
  •  

DougPeterson

I had hoped to leave a feature request but see by a prior post it may not be responded to.  I will leave it just in case.

I store Waymarks in my GSAK database.  They do not show up in Locus through the GSAK addon.  I can create a GPX and import them but avoiding that is the point of this addon.  It would be nice if they are included through the addon.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson

The Author had stopped the development due to his being too busy elsewhere. However, the code of the add-on is open for development by somebody else: https://github.com/radimvaculik/LocusAddonGsakDatabase
  •