Database entry custom dialog

Started by CaLocus, December 15, 2011, 06:32:50

CaLocus

Please have a look at  ESRI's ArcGIS application for Android.  Although it is nowhere near as feature rich or stable as Locus, it does have one feature I wish Locus had: the ability to add custom attributed vectors and points to the map directly from the phone interface.  I know you can add points and routes to the map with Locus, but I don not know of a way to design a custom dialog with a variety of input controls that allows me to enter custom attributes for each point or line.  This would make it much easier to interface with a GIS database that have attribute tables for each geographic feature class.

It would also be very good if there was a simple program that would allow Locus users to select an attribute table that they want to have available in Locus, select the input control type (e.g. check box, radio button, combo box, text box) for each attribute with restrictions and default entries if desired, and then save to a file that could be put into folder on the Android phone that Locus would access to display the custom dialog.

I would also be nice to have the ability to update a database remotely.  I would like to have employees that are out in the field collecting data be able to update our enterprise GIS database at the end of each day without having to come back to the office everyday.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  I have one similar request from one guy from Australia, to add support for some custom field. So I think, that some method for this should be nice and welcome ... anyway still no idea for some communication way between database and locus. Probably some modified GPX or KML file that will support some tags (if some format for this purpose doesn't already exist)

and remote update ... hmm, I think that for such complex task, would be best addon created exactly for this purpose
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

pvb

It would be fantastic if you could add such a feature!
  •  

elmuSSo

GIS ... again. With this kind o feature Locus will be used by professionals.
Yes for the vectors!

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

Scoutpro

I 100% agree with CaLocus for attribute data for vectors. I just found this post, as I have posted a similar request recently as well. It could be as easy as importing a specific Form with the attribute data fields/Headings needed for the vectors.
  •  

Menion

Sorry guys, Scoutpro, but custom fields are not planned for Locus Map. For this already exists Beta version of Locus GIS: https://plus.google.com/communities/102467663728153787419
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •