[APP] - version 1.15.x

Started by Menion, December 11, 2011, 20:08:49

Menion

10.1.2012 - Locus 1.15.5.6
testing version. I would like to release new version in probably Thursday. Because there was quite a lot of changes, will be more then nice, if I get some feedback. More then day till release is enough for possible fixes, so don't shy and write every issue you discover, thanks!

Here is "complete" list of news:

• Locus is now supported from A2.1 and higher!
  • complete style change for A3.0+ to fit Holo theme
  • support for Pressure sensor (Galaxy Nexus, Xoom and others)
  • possibility to enable Google-like map handling (double tap - zoom in, tap with two fingers - zoom out)
  • better sound notification possibilities for GPS
  • possibility to edit Geocaching waypoints directly from map
  • support for BB codes in geocaching logs
  • fixed problem with calibration on some TAR maps
  • fixes for map problems on LG Optimus One
  • many small improvements

4.1.2012 - Locus 1.15.5.1
testing version
  • huge modifications to better fix new ICS style
  • added support for Pressure sensor (Xoom, Nexus Galaxy and maybe other phones)

3.1.2012 - Locus 1.15.5
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro

1.1.2012 - Locus 1.15.4.4
testing version
  • another attempt for GPS auto-off feature fix!
  • new (better?) Quick switch panel
  • some small fixes

28.12.2011 - Locus 1.15.4.3
testing version
  • fixed (hope) problems with GPS auto-off feature
  • fixed problems with Geocaching Live service and also improved uploading of field notes (from single cache and also globally)
  • fixed some issues with multi-SQL maps and RMaps

17.12.2011 - Locus 1.15.1

16.12.2011 - Locus 1.15.0.2
testing version
  • some more changes in map calibration and work with (zoom, pan) in Locus
  • fixed some special online map formats, improved map move speed, labels, disabling of GPS during track record and more

12.12.2011 - Locus 1.15.0.1
testing version
  • changed way of switching maps (keeping zoom level now)
  • fixed weather service

11.12.2011 - Locus 1.15.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bo K

Hey menion, Best map app!!  but... the new style for displaying tracks puts start and stop icons all over the maps. can I get rid of these somehow??
  •  

Menion

Hey guys,
  I have one request on those who have some time (around 10-15 minutes). Above is testing version. I was playing for almost whole day with better system of changing maps. Together with this I have to change also a system of initialization (little bit). Anyway result is, that now you'll be able to change all three map types (online, personal, vector) and all maps should still keep same (or closest) zoom level as previous map. So together with "quick switch button", it's pretty fast to change maps now. Anyway I need to test if all maps appear in your "Personal" map list and also if this feature will work correctly. Thanks!

And Bo K ... I expect that anyone will want some settings to remove this ... heh ... all over the map? So why to have displayed too much tracks? Hmm ... I'll think about it
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion

Map switching works online<-->offline (even Gemf:)<-->vector maps. But I only have vector maps for Netherlands and Canaty Islands and I live in Finland. Is Locus showing all my maps? Shouldn't there be a check on the map's area? It is not always easy to remember what area is covered with "Bing_123AB" for example.

Weather app works fine, it correctly shows that it is raining outside and about +2celcius :(
  •  

Menion

thanks Stebu, essential is if all maps are visible in maps manager screen and if locus keep zoom level when maps are changed (same or closest available). Seems that this works for you ...

check on areas is there, but only on maps defined by some bounding areas, so TAR, RMAP ... GEMF and SQLite don't have this, cause their every level can cover whole planet, anyway for this is good to use "center" feature when you tap on map in list.

And hey, we've got also 2 degree above zero, terrible winter :)
  •  

tommi

I'm not exactly sure if this one matches the discussion here but one little request for the "Quick map switch": It would be nice if it showed at the end something like a shortcut to the actual Map manager. Just a typo: The title of the "Quick map switch" should be changed from "Map manager" to something like "Quick map switch".
  •  

SeM

« Anyway I need to test if all maps appear in your "Personal" map list»
yandex map not open
  •  

Menion

tommi, I'm not sure if I understand, you just want to add button on bottom of "Quick map switch" dialog that will lead to map manager screen? Ah and yes, wrong title, thanks ...

SeM: sorry, I forget to answer on PM message ... it's the only map that cause you troubles? Others are working fine? It's one file SQLite maps or more files in sub-directory? You may send me this file for test (if have some "normal" size), or create me some log with catLog problem, just with start of locus, if there isn't any error on background. Ah, and also may help to rename map file. This cause locus to reinitialize the maps. Maybe rename map file and also log from logcat after first start should be best if you understand :)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"tommi, I'm not sure if I understand, you just want to add button on bottom of "Quick map switch" dialog that will lead to map manager screen?
Exactly.
  •  

SeM

menion
in Locus pro 1.14.6.7 Yandex maps worked well

file is made in the locus
other maps work well
  •  

Bo K

Hey menion, Thanx for responding. I'll give you some info on how I use Locus Pro. I live in an area w/ many hiking and xc ski trails. I create maps w/ ESRI, Google Pro and/or Map Windows, I export
                                                     kml/kmzs'.  I've spent many hours working/playing with locus, and it works great, this app is perfect for what I'm doing, and will be for others also!! I will be using
                                                     it alot, and others are impresses w/ what it can do. I would be glad to give feedback and help in any way I can ( I'm a cartographer not a developer though). The
                                                     issue I can't seem to get around is the new style for display tracks creating icons and the direction arrows, I do believe you could probably use the flow direction if  
                                                     you were designing a pipeline flow map?  I see alot of potential use for Locus. Thanx again.       Am I doing something wrong??
  •  

Menion

SeM, thanks, fixed ...

Bo K, I added new settings into Locus Map settings - "Disable start/stop icons" ... so you can get rid of these both icons on every track ...
  •  

Bo K

Thanx menion, I look forward to seeing it.
  •  

Menion

hi Guys,
  I would like to release tomorrow new version of Locus, so if anyone will have some free evening, you may try testing version from first post. If there will be any issue, let me know for sure, and I'll fix it to tomorrow release
  •  

Rob

Hi,
Short tests:
altitude in track popup works really well - great thanks.
Altitude label position mixed: " right of" = above
" under..' = right of position
"disabled" = correct

Next tests will follow!

I love Locus! :-)

Rob
  •